Baby Showers

No shower but asked to register- 2nd LO

As the mom of a 2 yr old, expecting my second in May, I need a few things refreshed for the new baby, as well as some items that weren't available the first time around. With the holidays coming, and quite some time to go, my mother and MIL have asked me to register. I really don't have a problem doing that except that I would be totally humiliated if my MIL spread the word to her family because she's very gift grabby, i.e. She feels like others "owe" us gifts because she's always quite generous to them or their family members.... Regardless of the reason, I don't feel like my "second baby registry" would stay confidential. Should I just thank them for their generosity, but tell them I won't be doing the registry?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: No shower but asked to register- 2nd LO

• I wouldn't do one. Maybe suggest a shopping trip together?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I would make a private registry but not tell them.  I agree with suggesting a shopping trip.
  • I would make a registery for the coupons but would keep it private. 
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • As you know your MIL will probably tell people about it, I probably wouldn't do it or do it but keep it private.  I have NO issue w/ registries for 2nd + kids, but advertising it -especially the way you think MIL will?  No. 
  • You can get a registry private, just do that and demand your MIL keep it quiet. If she doesn't, you really can't control it, but the second you hear about it, you can delete the registry.
  • I would make a registery for the coupons but would keep it private. 

This is what I did.  I am not telling anyone about my registry, it's more of a checklist for myself.  I also want the completion coupon that will come with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just say, "Oh, no thanks, we're set for everything but X and Y."  Gives her something to get without an actual registry to spread around.  Better still if X and Y are categories rather than specific items. Best if one of those categories is absurd--I'm thinking booze.
  • I would make a registry and make it private. Share that with your mom, and any other family members who ask who wouldn't run around telling everyone.
  • I agree that you should register if you want to. There may be things that you just want to have listed so you don't forget to grab them. Like a PP suggested, just give the information to people that personally ask.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • If they hadn't said a anything, would you have registered? Side note, @jasminelorainne20, holy adorableness in your siggy!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"