Stay at Home Moms

Which should I bring to thanksgiving?

Hollylb3Hollylb3 member
edited November 2013 in Stay at Home Moms
Pick your poison. FYI someone is already bringing plain pumpkin pie.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
Due 12/29/2012

Which should I bring to thanksgiving? 70 votes

Baked s'more bars
48% 34 votes
Pumpkin cheesecake
51% 36 votes

Re: Which should I bring to thanksgiving?

• feffy11 said:

Both?

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Due 12/29/2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Pumpkin cheesecake. I PIPed mine in another post. Then when it's time to serve, I make my own whipped topping. Yum
  • Pumpkin cheesecake!
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Luckey4 said:

Pumpkin cheesecake. I PIPed mine in another post. Then when it's time to serve, I make my own whipped topping. Yum

What recipe did you use for the cheesecake? I've never tried the one I found before, and for the topping it has a mixture of sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Sounded gross so I was just going to leave that off.

Due 12/29/2012
  • Hollylb3 said:
    Pumpkin cheesecake. I PIPed mine in another post. Then when it's time to serve, I make my own whipped topping. Yum
    What recipe did you use for the cheesecake? I've never tried the one I found before, and for the topping it has a mixture of sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Sounded gross so I was just going to leave that off.
    Don't leave that off!! That sounds yum!
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Chapter79 said:

Hollylb3 said:

Luckey4 said:

Don't leave that off!! That sounds yum!

Really? I've already been to the store now, but I figured I'd just do whipped cream. That doesn't sound good to me at all, but I've never tried it.

Due 12/29/2012
  • I'd do the smores bars, since there will already be a pumpkin dessert. The chocolate might be a nice alternative for anyone that doesn't like pumpkin.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • S'mores!!!! I need that recipe!
  • MomIn2013 said:

I'd do the smores bars, since there will already be a pumpkin dessert. The chocolate might be a nice alternative for anyone that doesn't like pumpkin.

Too late, already bought the stuff for the cheesecake. :) But there will be chocolate pie too. And pecan. We like pie in my family.

Due 12/29/2012
  • Mmm, sounds like a good assortment - the pumpkin cheesecake sounds good too. I would have done the sour cream topping part, but that's just me...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MomIn2013 said:

Mmm, sounds like a good assortment - the pumpkin cheesecake sounds good too. I would have done the sour cream topping part, but that's just me...

I have a little bit of sour cream in the fridge, I may make up a tiny batch and if it's good, make a last minute run to the grocery in the morning to make a whole one.

Due 12/29/2012
  • Well I used a ready graham cracker crust because my 7.5 month old is very "I need to be held 24/7" but I throw 2 softened 8 oz. packages of cream cheese in my mixer with 1/2 cup sugar. Cream together then add in 2 whole eggs and 1 tsp of vanilla. Spread half of the mixture in the crust. Then add 1 cup of pumpkin purée, 1tsp cinnamon a pinch of nutmeg. Mix again then add to the crust. Bake at 325 for 35-40 mins. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. For the whipped topping... 1/2 pint of heavy cream 1/4 powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. I refuse to eat store bought whipped topping since I started making this recipe. HTH!
  • @Luckey4, that sounds just the like recipe I found. Glad to hear it's a good one. DS can be the same way about wanting to be with me at all times. I managed to get the crust made tonight. Guess I'll do the rest in the morning!

Due 12/29/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"