September 2012 Moms

Help me with kids clothing sizes?

Is a 2T the equivalent of 24 months, or the next size up from 24 months?

Kohl's has a ton of summer stuff on clearance and I don't know what size to estimate for DD for next year. She's still in mostly 12m, and a few 18m pieces here and there. She is on the smaller side - between 20 and 30% percentile for weight. Would 2T be a safe guess? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help me with kids clothing sizes?

• With our Carters stuff, the 24 months stuff seems to be slightly smaller than the 2T. Not by a lot though.
  • 2T is the next size up, but not all brands have a 24mo size.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • I also think it depends how you like clothes to fit. I prefer a more snug tee than a too big tee, you know. Shorts are always too big so size down if you are buying shorts.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• PokedotPokedot member
    edited November 2013

Not all brands have a 24m and 2T but for those that do I've noticed the 2T tend to be a bit longer in the arms/torso area. DS is in 18/24 months. He can wear a 2T if the brand runs small or I can roll the sleeves up for him. I've picked up all 3T for the summer. God I hope he's in that size!

ETA: If you buy from Kohls, especially on your Kohls card their returns are super easy! I bought all of B's summer stuff last fall on clearance there and some was too small so I returned it no problem. They gave me back exactly what I paid 8 months prior!

• Good to know - thanks everyone!! Stocking up on stuff for daycare, especially.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always interchanged 24 month and 2T. I have still be known the shove my 3.5 year old in 2T, although I think I have packed up most of the 24 month and 2T stuff.

• Now here's my question, what is the difference between 2t and 2?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • AKB090609 said:
    Now here's my question, what is the difference between 2t and 2?

Whether or not there is room for the diaper, I think.  Like 2 would be for a potty-trained toddler.  That's what the lady at Naarjte Kids told me anyway.
  • AKB090609 said:
    Now here's my question, what is the difference between 2t and 2?

Whether or not there is room for the diaper, I think.  Like 2 would be for a potty-trained toddler.  That's what the lady at Naarjte Kids told me anyway.

That is GENIUS!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"