August 2012 Moms
Options

Is this a good or bad idea?

My husband is always talking about how we should get a Roomba. We have a dog and 2 cats and both of us feel like we are always cleaning our floors. I've been considering getting him one for the holidays because I know he would like one. However, it doesn't seem like a very good gift because it's pretty much a vacuum. So, should I get it? The only other idea I had was a fire pit and I gave that idea to my Mom.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

Re: Is this a good or bad idea?

• Options
    I would be pissed if my husband got me a vacuum for Christmas.
  • Options

Well I want a Roomba! So I would say yes good idea! lol.  Then take credit for the idea from your mom haha.

Side note, if you do get it can you let me know how well it works/gets around things.

Yes, I'll let you know if I get it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Becc77 said:

Ha! That's kind of how I would feel too.

• Options
    Becc77 said:

Beyond pissed.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    If I got this for Christmas there would be no more "roomba" for SO!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I think it's a good idea, but not by itself. It's practical, so get him something besides it that isn't practical. Also, you can make it to you and him from your LO.
  • Options
    DH knows how much I like a clean floor. If he got me that AND something else- I'd be fine ;)
  • Options
    I got my husband a shark steam mop for Christmas one year....So I say yes! buy him the Roomba!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We also have a dog and two cats, and our roomba is now sitting on a shelf in the closet. There are a lot of obstacles here like chair legs and corners that kept it from doing a good job. Seemed like the dust bunnies would run away and hide from it... It would also leave pet hair on the edges of the rugs as it went by, so I had to pick up after it too much.

Main thing I wanted to put out there for you is that it is a pain in the butt to clean, and I would usually have to clean it everyday or two which for me defeated the purpose of having it. I especially hated cleaning the brushes and putting them back in and getting my hands dusty.

But if your dh will be the one to use/clean it then I don't see a problem ;) just don't get rid of your real vacuum for deep cleaning.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    9/50
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"