Stay at Home Moms
Options

Someone drove through DD's preschool

Just got a call preschool is cancelled this afternoon. Someone drove right through the front entrance. Thank God no one was in the coat room, no injuries. No real details yet. This seems to be happening more and more in my city. Most are reported as medical cases, maybe a heart attack, etc. but it never gives the actual reason in the newspaper, just medical issues. A friend of a friend came out with us one night and started telling us how she was the lady who drove through a nail salon. She said she was stressed that day. What the hell is happening? How does this happen so often? Just realized I am hearing it more and more.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Someone drove through DD's preschool

• Options
    Glad everyone is okay.

Can't say I hear of that happening very often around here. There seems to be hit and runs every day though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Omg that's crazy, glad everyone is ok! And you're right...this stuff seems to be on the news ALL the time now.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Whoa, scary!
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    omg how scary! so glad there are no injuries and that everyone is okay!
  • Options
    That is crazy! I am glad everyone is okay. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    My friend's husband drove through the gates of a fair.  He had a heart attack while driving.  She was also in the car with her son.  Several people were sent to the hospital.  She said it was petrifying!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, freaky. It happened here a few months ago too... A guy was charged with manslaughter for running over a little girl walking on the sidewalk. He was having a seizure, so it wasn't intentional, but apparently he was purposefully neglecting to take his meds. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Nobody has heard what happened yet. It's so odd, it's a small parking lot with concrete barriers. You would really have to lose control to go through. And if it happened 10 minutes later the coat room would have been filled with 18 4 year olds. The car drove through where they all would have been standing. I shake when I think about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Very scary! I'm glad no kids were there and that nobody got hurt. It usually is either an elderly driver that mistakes the gas for the brake, an impaired or distracted driver, or a medical emergency. If it was a medical condition, you might not find out what the ailment was as that becomes private patient information. I'd feel a tad better knowing it was not an intentional act, but it still could have been bad regardless.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"