February 2013 Moms
Options

Does your baby clap?

I sing to her "clap clap clap" and she says "clap clap clap."  She will sometimes wave one arm too, but she never claps.  She doesn't do any other sign language either except waiving hello, which she does if I say, "say hello."  However, she does speak from time to time.  Tonight I asked if she wanted a banana and she said nana.  I don't know if she just isn't very tactile, if I speak more to her than sign so it's my fault, or if she's having some motor issues.  She's a late Feb baby, but she came in early Jan so we are always on the lookout for issues.

Re: Does your baby clap?

• Options
    I agree with Sterling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Clapping all the time but no words at all. Babbles mama and baba a lot but not association just chatting . I think you are fine I would not be concerned at all
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ish? lol He brings his hands together, but they're always in fists. He hasn't figured out how to open them yet. He also waves like this. It's hilarious because he looks like he's fist pumping. He has weird little ticks about waving, too. He waves bye bye to his bedroom every time you take him out of his crib from night sleep or a nap. Weirdo lol.
    :x
  • Options
    Ha! DS waves. Sometimes at people but mostly at doors and cars. :P

No clapping. He beats his chest like a gorilla and I think that's some sort of precursor to clapping because it's very rhythmic. My kid's a weirdo too!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Options
    DS claps all over the place. Loves it. He waves sometimes, and gives a fantastic high-five. His fine-motor skills are pristine-- the kid mastered a pincher grasp reaaaaaallly early. Gross-motor? We're a bit behind, even though he's one of the oldest ones on this board. Still just army-crawling and occasionally pulling to stand. 

Saying coherent words? No way. Lots of "baba", "dada", "oh!" and other such tomfoolery, but no real words that have meaning. 

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Options
    DS clapped twice on Saturday. And I wonder if I need to be concerned. Lol. He did it after opening something I said not to, and then he did it after letting the dog out of the kennel, right after I put her in. V
  • Options
    DS doesn't clap yet. And he babbles lots, but no major difinitive words with a purpose. He doesn't "wave" per se.... But he waves into his face... While vocalizing. Which means he makes the b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b sound. So I count that as a cousin of waving. :p
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    E claps all the time, waves at us all the time and I'm currently trying to teach him how to blow kisses!!! :-)

imageimage

Anniversary

• Options
    Cute story: yesterday I was holding E and we happen to be close to a mirror where he could see himself and all of the sudden he started waving to himself. Waving at the mirror. Lol then smiles at himself and me in the mirror. :-D

imageimage

Anniversary

• Options
    LO is putting her hands together which is an upgrade from 3 days ago when it was her fists.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cute story: yesterday I was holding E and we happen to be close to a mirror where he could see himself and all of the sudden he started waving to himself. Waving at the mirror. Lol then smiles at himself and me in the mirror. :-D
    DS did this yesterday too! We were shopping at Homegoods and there was like a wall of mirrors. It was hilarious!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Options
    No clapping yet, but she's been waving for probably a month now. At first she just did it all the time and it didn't seem to have any meaning, but lately I think she's starting to understand what it means a little more. A few days ago she knocked over her tower of stacking cups and I clapped for her. She started wildly waving both her arms around like she wanted to clap but couldn't figure out how, haha.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    My LO is doing a lot but not clapping yet, he is already taking 5 steps, he says multiple words, waves and is a MAJOR climber....but when we try to clap with him, he is having none of it lol I think at this time they are learning so much and taking so much in, it will come. I am in no rush, I am already sad he is so much on the go and it is still hard to believe my baby is already 9 months old!
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options
    On Halloween, my DD started clapping, waving, and giving high fives! All on the same day. She is a speedy crawler and has mastered the art of climbing QUICKLY. She cruises around and will walk if you hold her hands but she hasn't tried to walk on her own yet. She loves to stand up in her play yard and used to just let go and fall when she didn't want to stand any more, but now she will crouch down and slowly lower herself. It's very cute :). She says mama, dada, and cat. We try to get her to say other things, but she laughs at us lol
    image BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"