Nurseries and Baby Gear

Double stroller question

I have a BOB Duallie, which is amazing, but let's face it- it is huge and weighs a ton. Does anyone use this as their primary stroller? DH wants me to because it was so expensive but I think something lighter weight would be better for certain things. I have a nearly 3 month old and a tall 2 year old. Any suggestions?
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Double stroller question

• I also have the Duallie and love it but it stays in my garage.  It's way huge and clunky for the car. You could do a single with a rider board if your 2 year old would do that or you could do something that converts from a single to double.  I have the Baby Jogger Versa with the Uppababy RumbleSeat (it fits on the Versa) so I have the option for a double or I can use it as a single if DD is going to walk.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • If you are wanting something really lightweight look at the Valco Snap Dual & the Kinderwagon Hop. Both of those strollers weigh less than the Maclaren and the Snap steers amazing and is newborn rated (I love mine). It's also narrow for a side by side.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • The City Mini double is a great option too.  It folds flat, has excellent sun shades and steers like a dream.  It also is narrow enough to fit through standard doors.  I take it everywhere with me.  You can also have your NB in it because the seats recline flat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • On Craigslist I have been able to find a great deal on a BJCMD, a maclauren, a combi twin sport, a baby planet unity sport, and a joovy scooter. My only hold back on the BJCMD or the joovy are the folded size (is a 2nd stroller worth it if it is still that big or would I be better off just using my bob? I am a stroller addict and I'm so overwhelmed!!!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • The BJCMD folds flat and doesn't take up that much room.  What  vehicle do you drive?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I have a van but with the rear set up I have to at least take the front wheel off my bob to get it to fit. We had my 2yo in the 2nd seat and the baby in the far back so I could sit with him. I think we are going to move him up to the 2nd row and fold down the seat again tho. I just don't want DH to argue with why I needed 2 huge strollers :/
  • I have a van but with the rear set up I have to at least take the front wheel off my bob to get it to fit. We had my 2yo in the 2nd seat and the baby in the far back so I could sit with him. I think we are going to move him up to the 2nd row and fold down the seat again tho. I just don't want DH to argue with why I needed 2 huge strollers :/

I would think the City Mini would fit. My Snap folds flat and is similar and I think it would fit in most trunks okay. The Maclaren takes the least trunk space but is trickier to fold.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
    I'm sending you a PM!
    image   image
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • I also went through the same thing and ultimately felt like I didn't want to have 2 fulltime double strollers so I wanted my car stroller to have the option to be a single or a double  It's worked out great for me so if I am at the doctor with 1 kid or my husband is with us, we can just use the single.  Add the second seat or a rider board then I can handle both kids by myself.  
    image   image
  • You can get the b ready and second seat for about $350 right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"