New Jersey Babies

Maternity Leave

Hi, I need some help.  does anyone know about the Short-term disability  or FMLA?  I work for a small firm (under 20 employees) and they just told me I am entitled to 8 weeks through Medical leave.  I thought I was allowed to have 12 weeks? Can someone explain this to me.  I tried calling the Dep of Labor, FMLA, Short-term disability and i just kept on getting transferred.  I would appreciate anything! Thank you!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Maternity Leave

• For my leave, the first 6 weeks was short term disability, and the second 6 weeks was Family Leave/Baby Bonding, which makes 12 weeks.  If I had delivered by c-section though, I would have gotten 8 weeks of disability.  Maybe that is what they are referring to?  Just taking a guess here though...
  • You would only get the extra time if you were eligible for NJFLA. Your employer must have 50 or more emloyees for you to be eligible. According to NJ laws you are eligible for 6 weeks disability for vaginal delivery and 8 weeks for c-section. Thats it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi Ladies, Thank you for your input.  I work In NYC and live in NJ. Maybe I can talk to my boss about giving me the 12 Weeks, since they will be hiring a temp for me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @nonna4 Just be aware that since you don't qualify for fmla, your job would not be protected.
  • And even if employers grants you 12 weeks, it may not be all paid.
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"