February 2013 Moms

Freaky poop quesiton

I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow, but tonight I'd like your help.

My ALMOST 10 month old son started solids awhile ago and his poop turned from yellow to dark brown and got less gushy. (EWE!)

But now it's back to yellow, or tan, and has kind of stringy (mucus?) in it.

It's been a few days, if not weeks, since I've seen the brown poop and I'm starting to get worried because it's frequent, and he gets upset before he poops, and... I just don't like it.

Any ideas what's going on?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Freaky poop quesiton

• I agree that you should call your doctor and ask to have him checked out if you're worried. Him getting upset and the mucus would also prompt me to have the doctor take a look.

However, both of my girls have gone through phases with poop. Even after DD1's was solid for a while, it went back to mushy for a few weeks, then back to more solid. She's 2.5 and actually went through another mushy period just a few weeks ago (lasted about a week, maybe 1.5 weeks). So the poop consistency change isn't something to be worried about in and of itself.

Hopefully your pedi will do a thorough check-up and either find what's wrong or give you some peace of mind that it's normal. :)

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Could maybe be a food allergy? I know was something to look out for pre-solids, particularly dairy allergies.

Although when DD had a cold a couple months ago, she was swallowing a lot of snot and that combined with stage fact that the doctor put her on antibiotics when the cold wasn't going away on its own meant much softer poops that looked kind of mucousy, presumably from all that snot. It was pretty gross but it did go away after she finished the antiobiotics and wasn't sick anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"