LGBT Parenting

TTT

Okay folks! It's that time again...give us what you've got for the week. For any newbies TTT is ten things Tuesday where you can share any 10 things you want. It can be TTC/baby related or not! PIPs are always welcome!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

Re: TTT

• KH826KH826 member
    edited November 2013

1. I am 13 weeks today. According to the What to Expect App, today is the start of the 2nd trimester. However, according to Babycenter the second trimester doesn't start until next week. Who knows?...

2. I got violently ill last night out of nowhere. I have been struggling with a nasty chest cold for a couple of days, but last night one minute I was coughing, the next minute I was gagging (on seemingly nothing) and then 30 seconds later I was vomitting. It was pretty bad. I might go as far as to say the worst episode yet this pregnancy. I am hoping it was a fluke and not a new trend. However, I did gag on my toothbrush this morning. So there's that.

3. In terms of my cold, my voice seems to have transitioned from scratchy to gone overnight. I open my mouth and very little sound comes out. My mother keeps texting me asking how I am feeling, and I am trying to avoid having to talk to her on the phone. She will flip out when she hears my voice (or lack there of)... she is convinced I need immediate medical intervention. I think I just need rest and vitamin c.

4. In terms of rest, I have been having a REALLY hard time sleeping. My new thing is that I get super tired very early and end up in bed by 9pm and will sleep soundly until 11 or 12, then be wide awake until 2 or 3am and then fall back asleep just in time to wake up at 5am. So I am getting 4-6 hours of sleep a night, but it is interrupted, and I wake up feeling like I haven't slept at all. It is not making me my best self.

5. OK, enough complaining from me (sorry, I had to just get all that out there)... let's discuss what I am happy about. I am happy that today is Tuesday, but it might as well be Friday b/c I am off for the rest of the week after today! I am excited for Thanksgiving and heading to my in-laws' house tomorrow night. We are going out to dinner tomorrow with my in-laws and brother-in-law and his wife. Then Thursday is Thanksgiving at my brother-in-law's, and Friday my wife and I are spending the day with my mother-in-law (the itinerary includes pumpkin pancakes at a local diner for breakfast, a trip to babies r us, a trip to a local craft/art festival, and then back to my in-laws for take-out and game night with the family. Saturday is craft day and possibly the movies. We will head home either Saturday night or Sunday morning, and my wife and I are putting up our Christmas tree on Sunday. Oh, and in the midst of all of that, we are announcing our pregnancy on Facebook on Thursday. So yeah, lots to look forward to. Here's hoping I feel better ASAP so I can fully enjoy it all!

6. Two local radio stations are now playing Christmas music 24/7. I know this is a polarizing topic, and some folks hate listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving, but I am enjoying it. I am not listening to it exclusively, but I will surf back and forth between those two stations and my 4 other pre-sets when I am in the car.

7. So I am planning to mail my ornament to my elf tomorrow. I bought it over the weekend, but I want to add a quick DIY touch to it (hopefully tonight), and then I will mail it out tomorrow. I need to go to the Elfster site and remind myself what I need to do (wrap it a certain way? Include a specific note? ... I feel like there are instructions, but now I cannot remember). I stress too much about minor details.

8. A few shout-outs:

• @ATXmommas - little Sebastian is just too precious! I love the photo that you posted in the parenting check-in yesterday. So glad to hear that you and Z are loving being mommas! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures (and birth story!)
    • @mwagner25 - I am thinking of you...hopefully things are progressing for you with labor and you will welcome little Oliver today. I can't wait to hear an update. You and your family will be in my thoughts today!
    • @herbabymama - how are you feeling today? Any contractions? Do you think your bambino will be a little turkey and join the world on Thanksgiving? :)
    • @2mamazinseattle - so exciting that your FET is almost here. It seems like time flew by, I can't believe December 5th is next week. My fingers will be tightly crossed for you!
    • @healz & @manada - I am so glad that stimming is going well, and your retrieval and transfer will be here before you know it. I felt like the whole stimming process was a giant blur looking back on it. I am so excited for you both!
    • @doodah & @firstcomeslove - I am very glad to hear that you have a RE appointment next week. Yay for next steps! I can't wait to hear how it goes and what will be next for you both. Good luck!
    • I feel like I could go on and do a 10 of just shout-outs HAHA ... for everyone else, thinking of you, sending you lots of positive vibes and support, and wishing everyone who is celebrating this week a great holiday!

9. I truly cannot wait for this work day to be over. Between the excitement of the holiday and having time off the rest of the week, and really not feeling well, and the general lack of focus and motivation that I seem to have lately (can I blame this on pregnancy?), I am just super ready to go home. I have a pretty strict personal policy about not using sick time often (or at all if I can avoid it)... but I would love to just say that I feel like crap and go home. Alas, I am not going to do that...

10. I find myself with my hand on my stomach a lot recently, even though I don't have a true bump yet. I don't even realize I am doing it until I catch myself, and then I feel silly. What's up with that? Must be instinctual or something... or else I am just nuts (totally possible).

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • 1.  I think A and I are going to see "Catching Fire".  I love the Hunger Games series, although I hate that I love it.... and I really struggle with it being a narrative that is accessible for children.  I could continue to write about that all day, but in the end I would just feel at odds with my own fascination and my distaste for other people's fascination. 

2.  Today is my last day of work before Thanksgiving.  This weekend will be the first full weekend I have had off since early October.  I am more than excited.

3.  We are going to tell my parents over Thanksgiving about our TTC struggles.  I am extremely nervous, and afraid they are going to be judgmental about  our financial situation.  They are the kind of people who buy things to be happy, and A and I don't have that kind of lifestyle, so they might not understand why spending several thousands of dollars on TTC is more important than owning a custom whimsical statue of the same price (nope... not bitter at all...)

4.  I am extremely nervous about meeting with an RE.  I hate not having a plan.  HATE.  I also hate sitting out another cycle.  I had this horrible thought the other day and can't shake it... that every day we don't have a baby, is one day less we will have with our children.  HORRIBLE. 

5.  I have been going back and forth between extremely anxious, and extremely chill.  It is getting irritating and hard to deal with.

6.  I think I am going to shave (my face) before I go to my parents.  I have weighed the pros and cons and I just think I need to have as little conflict as possible, even if that means giving up a little bit of myself.

7.  I think I might surprise my bff for their 30th birthday.  We were born 6 days apart, and it would be cool to visit Asheville, NC for a weekend.

8.  It snowed here last night, and is suppose to snow more tonight.  I miss living in Kentucky where you get days off work when it snows.

9.  I got yelled at a lot at work this past weekend.  And it was about really stupid things (like the souvenir patch not being nice enough).  I am too the point where I just want to yell back about putting things in perspective, but I don't think that would be well received.

10.  I need this vacation to start immediately.  6 more hours.

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Loading the player...
  • @KH826 My toothbrush has also become my enemy as of late. The only two times I have thrown up during this pregnancy was a result of brushing my teeth.worst gag reflex ever lol.

1. I think nesting as set in a bit.It takes a little bit to get me started ,but once I do then I'm on a roll. I'm happy to report all of our books are now organized by fiction and non fiction and the non fiction is separated by subject. My wife's socks are all fully matched rather than the random drawer of socks she generally has. And I have begun crafting a bit more!

2. I am hoping my elf received their ornament.

3. My computer is broken and I'm super bummed as I was using it for some xmas shopping. Linda thinks she can at least get all my stuff off of it which is a relief bc I stupidly didn't have my photos backed up.

4. On the day my computer broke my phone also had an update which has changed many things...one thing I now can't figure out is how to add a picture to my posts.sad.

5. I got to see my four younger sisters along with the rest of my immediate family on sunday for an early thanksgiving. They are so wonderful, I love to spend time with my sisters.

6. I'm curious to see what the weather holds for us tonight and tomorrow... And i kind of hope its bad enough so Linda can work from home,yet nice enough for others who must travel lol

7. I am so excited to see a few more babies being welcomed on this board soon...makes me look forward to seeing my noodle even mkrey!

8. I had a dream the baby was kicking me so I rubbed the spot on my tummy and a little hand grasped my finger..although some might have found it creepy I was loving it.

9. I dont think many people are able to come to our annual gift wrapping party which has me slightly bummed.I hope more people can make it so I dont have to cancel it.

10. I think I will go to the thrift shop today. I am planning an ornament making day with my two youngest sisters and need a few random supplies.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @doodah1013 We saw Catching Fire and LOVED it.Makes me want to go reread the third book lol Have you read Divergent? That movie will be coming out in a few months I believe, another great series.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @doodah1013 We saw Catching Fire and LOVED it.Makes me want to go reread the third book lol Have you read Divergent? That movie will be coming out in a few months I believe, another great series.

We loved divergent and insurgent! We plan to listen to the third book of the trilogy that just came out--allegiant--on our trip to Chicago for Christmas. So excited for the movie.

Also super excited for Catching Fire. I'm pretty sure that will be on the agenda for us this weekend.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 1.  @mwagner25 - I am thinking of you and your family.  I hope all is well and your birth goes smoothly!  I'm looking forward to your update and seeing little Oliver :)

2.  C and I decided that I would stay home for the full time I requested off.  I have Thursday and Friday off anyway, so this week was going to be short as it was.  I'm a little apprehensive about having used so much vacation time. 

3.  Part of my staying home is that I'm not sure I could wear work appropriate clothes all day.  C and I went to pick up her youngest brother yesterday and met her sister for lunch.  It was the first time I've worn anything but sweatpants since last Monday.  I put on the largest pair of jeans I own.  I sat down to put my boots on, bent over and quickly had to unbutton my pants because it hurt.  I was increasingly uncomfy throughout the rest of the afternoon.  I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be acceptable for me to wear sweatpants to work. 

4.  We are talking about going down to Florida with friends for bike week in March.  If we do that, I will use the rest of the vacation time I have plus a small amount of personal time.  If I get pregnant in January, I would get my next round of vacation time (2 weeks) in September.  It would be probably just after or just before giving birth.  I should also have about 2 weeks of sick time.  If we can hang on to our tax return to make up for my unpaid time off, we should be fine.  I think it would be fun to go.  Especially since it will hopefully be our last vacation pre-baby.  If I'm not pregnant, then we can relax and take our minds off of further failed cycles. 

5.  I'm hoping to get some cleaning done today and tomorrow.  Working on laundry right now. 

6.  @doodah1013 - I'm hoping to see Catching Fire on Friday with my SIL and youngest BIL.  I devoured the books.  I enjoyed the first movie, but definitely thought the book was much better. 

7.  We are supposed to get 14-18 inches of snow between this afternoon and Thursday.  I doubt we will get all of it. 

8.  I need to get back to eating better again.  I've just been eating what sounds good and what is easiest to put together.  Amazingly enough, I haven't really gained any weight. 

9.  I'm hoping to lose a few pounds before our next IUI in January.

10.  I have been awake super late the last few nights.  I crawled around our animals to get out of bed to have a bowl of cereal and took a picture when I came back.  This is supposed to be my spot in the bed...  We both usually have to find a way to sleep around our animals.  Just C, me, three dogs and a cat in our king size bed! 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• 1. Hanging out with Kaden in our playroom/office reading books to him and bumping when he wanders off. I've decided to try a more structured approach to the day (similar to when I offered childcare in my home). So we'll have music time soon and later art and "sports" and I was thinking of making a fort from some of our moving boxes.

2. I was thinking of painting during art time - and I'm trying to figure out the least messy way to do so - maybe K in his highchair in just a diaper and I'll put old towels down to tarp the floor.... Hmmmm ;-)

3. I'm hoping to see Catching Fire this week too. I actually tried to go Saturday night while EV stayed home with a sleeping Kaden but I forgot what opening weekends could be like. All the tickets we're sold out until 11pm. I loved the books :-)

4. Not feeling depressed today - woohoo. A little anxious but I'm not really letting my mind wander. Focusing on solutions not problems - at least right now.

5. Baby Owen is kicking me - I love it. I rarely called Kaden by his name until he was born. But I think of our second son as Owen all the time.

6. I think it's getting close to nap times...

7. I tried to get ready to start potty training a couple of months ago (there's a window around 14 months were supposedly babies learn easily). My friend trained all her kids early. So I bought a potty but haven't really developed a strategy. I need to do some more reading.

8. Listening to kids music - Kaden is loving it and clamping sitting on my lap.

9. We just started watching Orange is the new Black and now we're hooked!

10. Hoping to connect with some friends this weekend :-)
  • @healz413 and @ybnormal85 Oh yes! I have read Divergent and loved it. Haven't gotten around to reading the 3rd yet... After 2 years of working on a master's in English and reading Virginia Woolf and Sylvia Plath (among other traumatized female writers) exclusively, I now can only bring myself to read young adult fiction. It's actually pretty embarrassing. The Uglies Series also ranks at the top of my dystopian series list....

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• 1. Last farmer's market of the season. Always makes me sad. I bought golden beets, kale, apples and some local cranberries for my wife's homemade cranberry sauce she makes for Thanksgiving. Now she is asking me to pick up brussels sprouts and squash for Thanksgiving...how many pounds of food can I lug on the subway at rush hour??

2. Did you know that Middleborough, MA, is the cranberry capital of the world? So says the woman who grew my cranberries there.

3. I am in a pretty good place, mentally, with this pregnancy right now. But I wish tomorrow would hurry up and get here so that I know we have a heartbeat...or know we don't, if that's the case.

4. We are supposed to get massive amounts of rain tomorrow. And wind, so it should be coming down pretty much horizontally. I am thankful it won't be snow but not looking forward to it either way. Wish I didn't have to leave the house at all, but I'm glad I'm getting dismissed from work early. I'm going to go home, watch movies and eat pizza in pajamas with my wife.

5. I'm so glad we don't have to travel at Thanksgiving...especially given the weather pattern going on right now.

6. I can't believe it's almost December.

7. @KH826 and @YBNormal85, I also have toothbrush issues. Sadly, I used to occasionally gag myself with my toothbrush before I was pregnant, so I expected it to be a problem. I haven't thrown up from it yet, but there have been some close calls.

8. My co-worker made me pumpkin bread and it is calling my name. She makes delicious pumpkin bread.

9. I hope I like my OB. I hope I get to meet my OB.

10. Grow, little blueberry!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi all! I am mobile bumping so if formatting is off, I'm sorry!

1. I loved the hunger games and divergent books. We are going to see catching fire today and I reread the book so I can compare :-) Of course, the books are always better!

2. I updated my ttc journey so I won't go into it here. Overall, I am encouraged and excited to hopefully try again in December.

3. I was fortunate that the receptionist at my doctor's office was sympathetic and managed to get me in with a doc at 130 today. This lump in my armpit is excruciating and I just found two more small bumps. I'm terrified. I pray it is just an infection or something. We will see.

4. We have been sitting at discount tire for an hour waiting for a tire rotation. I hate how long you have to wait for something that takes 5 minutes to do.

5. I made my own homemade beef broth this weekend and I am so thrilled with the results. The health benefits that come from this type of broth are extensive and I am proud of myself for making it.

6. My acupuncturist has recommended that I decrease my sugar intake. I'm not a big sugar person, but I love fruit and potatoes. So far, I have had no problem with this and I think it will be awesome for my health and ttc journey.

7. I am thinking of taking a yoga class. My only yoga experience has been Jillian Michaels and that isn't the kind of yoga my RE wants me to do. Do any of you recommend any particular dvds?

8. I'm thrilled I get to finally, for the first time, spend Thanksgiving with my wife. She has always worked and this year we get to be together. We are going to her brother's house and then my parent's house. Should be good times.

9. Im sad I missed out on the ornament exchange!

10. Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• 1. My coworker whistles constantly and it drives me crazy. I think I'll get a pair of headphones just for my office.

2. Going home early today so I can be at MFM for a check up on Baby A this afternoon. My wife and I have had some really tough discussions if the fluid is significantly worse, I hope we don't have to think about them ever again.

3. I haven't had to take a zofran yet, and I only got sick once so far today! WOOHOO!

4. Tomorrow is supposed to be super gross out and I'm scheduled for a full workday. Hopefully my work will set us all free early.

5. I wish I would start to gain some weight already! That really means- I wish I had an appetite! I miss how much I loved food.

6. We have to go to my brother in law's for Thanksgiving and even though it's not far, I hate driving through Boston any day.

7. I am super uncomfortable with all the stretching and growing in my abdomen. I didn't think I'd have this much of an issue with it- but yikes it hurts sometimes! Makes me scared since I'll be 14wks tomorrow.

8. I really hope I get a kindle for Christmas this year. I don't know why I just don't go and order one for myself, but maybe this will be the year!

9. I'm planning to do all my gift shopping online this year, probably in one go this weekend.

10. I'm hosting my nieces 3rd birthday party at my house next month, and my brother is so unhelpful! I've been trying to get him to help me plan it, but I finally gave up and sent the invites myself along with sending my wife out for princess supplies! 
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • trisholiotrisholio member
    edited November 2013
    KH826 I hope you feel better soon!  I had a friend of mine that had whooping cough during pregnancy, it was miserable.  It seems so many pregnant women I know get sick.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that isn't the case with you ;-)
    2. We are supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow over the next few days.  Everyone is freaking out and I am just laughing at all the nonsense.  It is Ohio and the end of November, it snows every year (not usually this early) but it is just funny how people freak out every year.  I do feel bad for people traveling for the holiday and the flights that are being cancelled and delayed.  
    3. We are lucky that we do not have to travel far, we are having Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunts house.  She lives only about 20 minutes away.
    4. The cat is out of the bag and the majority of my family knows about my sisters pregnancy, so it looks like most of Thanksgiving will be spent talking about it I am sure.  On one hand I am relieved that I don't have to try and lie about it, but I also know it is going to be hard for us too.
    5. I hate to admit this, but I am drawing a blank on what type of ornament for the exchange.  Does anyone have ideas of previous ones they have given or received?
    6. I started my ttt at 8am and it didn't post, now I am annoyed.
    7. In the last few hours my grandmother has posed multiple comments on my facebook about me being nice to my sister and taking care of my sister.  Ugh, I am so annoyed by this.  She is going to be treated like a fragile princess (even more then she already was) now that she is knocked up.
    8. This sounds really insensitive, but we have a difficult relationship to begin with and I feel like the ugly step sister constantly, it is only going to get worse now that she is knocked up (on accident)
    9. I am hungry and nothing in the house sounds good.
    10. I am not sure what cycle day I am this month because I started a whole week early this month and my period hasn't been its normal flow.

Sorry to be so pissy, its been a rough morning.  Have a wonderful day everyone!!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• I am in a cruddy mood today...I feel like I start a lot of posts with my bad mood status...I promise that I am typically a positive person. The day didn't start off very good and seemed to have gone down the tubes from there. So my TTT will be dedicated to positive things! Enough crummy!

1. I am making my grandmas potatoes for thanksgiving. We are going to C's parents and I've never made them before so I am excited to share them with C's family.

2. C and I may go see Catching Fire tonight and I am nerdy excited!

3. I have a phone date with my BFF tonight and I am so excited to catch up with her...I haven't seen or talked to her in a while!

4. When I was having a sad time today my niece was being super cuddly and that really warms my heart!

5. On Saturday I got to spend the day with my mom! It was awesome to get some one on one time!

6. I got another part time job last week and I start training tomorrow...I am excited for the challenge!

7. C and I started watching 24 on Netflix...it is so good!

8. C and I joined a new gym and I really love it! It's small and sort of run down (sounds awesome right) but we love the staff and there is a hot tub which I LOVE...also their workout stuff is nice too ;-)

9. We had appetizers and drinks with Trisholio and her wife on Sunday...we laughed so much...it was fun.

10. C has been sending me these really cute silent videos over text message...so silly!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• I love to see how many people are friends with other bumpers in real life..I've noticed this in a few posts lately. I'm always up for a friend in real life if anyone is near me in Pa :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @YBnormal85 - Where in PA are you?  I'm in southwestern NY, very close to the northwest PA border. 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• 1. Add me to the list of people who have become enemies with their toothbrush. 

2. I'm getting a really late start of this. I had to go to another city to pick up some donations for our organization and since I was already at the outlet mall I found an outfit to fit my bloated self. 

3. I also got a cute little outfit for Bubbles (the baby's name for now)

4. When my sister was in town my wife, sister, and I were reading through a baby name book and my sister was appalled that Bubbles was even in it. Thus she strongly suggested we call the embryo Bubbles, so we are, for now.

5. This Thanksgiving is going to be hard. I don't even know how it will turn out. All I know is today I am planning on cooking at my dads and hoping that my stepmom will be there. If she is still in the nursing home we'll bring dinner to her. 

6. My stepmom has been really confused since the brain radiation. She fell out of bed yesterday and kept trying to eat her oxygen tube. I hope it's a side effect of the radiation and not a sign that she only has weeks left with us. 

7. We finally scheduled our first appointment with the midwife and an ultrasound for Dec 6th. I am so so so excited. I can't wait to hear the heartbeat and see Bubbles. 

8. My wife really wants to finish painting the house so she started on the dining room last night. It's going to be amazing. 

9. I need to figure what to make on Thanksgiving besides turkey. That will give me something to do while J paints.

10. Our dog Xena wet the bed the other night. I need to take her to the vet to make sure she is okay, but the timing is so not good...sigh

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @StacyLH24 We are in South east pa..in the Lehigh Valley
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. After reading everyone's comments on the divergent books I have decided to get them on my nook.  I have been needing a new series and also prefer young adult books.

2. I am so excited to finally see like P tomorrow.  Got the nickname P because when I told my best friend I was pregnant but it was only the size of a poppy seed. P quickly became the baby's name.

3. I am also hoping I get to hear a heart beat tomorrow.

4. I am thankful to have the next two days off, but am not looking forward to returning to work on black Friday. 

5. I am hoping my house sells quickly so I can move into my new house in time to put up a Christmas tree.

6. I am so excited to eat apple pie!!

7. Since I am also in MA like @ball.n.chain I am not looking forward to the rain we will be getting all day tomorrow and hoping R gets home safely tonight since the rain is starting around 9 pm.

8. This is the first TTT I have done and it is hard to think of ten things.

9.  Looking forward to my first OB appointment next week.  Hoping I feel comfortable there and like all the staff.

10.  Going to go finish eating dinner.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• 1. Today I am full of appetite. (I'm not just hungry; I also have a strong emotional desire to eat.) I'm try to be good about the high protein, low carb thing.

2. I feel like the start of stimming came out of nowhere but now time is dragging on. While I'm glad we're not going back in until Thursday because tomorrow is too busy, I really wish that we could have more information sooner. I want to know if the stims are working.

3. I, like many others, am looking forward to seeing Catching Fire.

4. Our dog is going a bit bonkers. She hasn't gotten as much exercise recently as she needs.

5. She's also probably hungry because she threw up most of her dinner tonight. I think i'll give her some more.

6. I want Chicago style pizza. I'm glad that I will be done with high protein/low carbs by the time we're in Chicago for Christmas. Yummm. Plus turkey dinner! yum!

7. A friend gave us the IUI/IVF circle and bloom relaxation CDs and I've been listening them at bed time to fall asleep. It's nice to fall asleep so easily especially when I could easily be stressing out.

8. @Manada should be home soon. She had to work late. I miss her.

9. I want to fast forward 3 weeks and find out if we are pregnant.

10. Dinner. Dinner. Dinner. Dinner. Dinner. Dinner. (I have a two track mind today-- food and our IVF cycle).
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I saw Catching Fire today and it was awesome!! My wife was frustrated because she has to wait so long for the next one. I told her to read the book, but she said she will wait! I am going to re-read Mockingjay now and then probably again next year before the movie comes out! Enjoy!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• @wallace323 I lived in easton for years..I was a nanny up on college hill. I am on fb and sent you a pm with my name :) Linda and I love Easton, we are coming down for the candle lighting on Friday. That is where we got engaged two years ago so it's a special place for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"