December 2011 Moms
Options

Baby/kid carriers

Does anyone use a carrier for their dec 11 baby? I was thinking of getting one mostly for travel. We had one...but I lost it. Is there a carrier that is good for infants and toddlers or should I just skip it and just use his stroller?

Re: Baby/kid carriers

• Options
    DS is 30+ pounds, but we can still wear him in our Ergo. He can also still fit in our Beco Gemini (I believe the limit on that is 35 pounds...the limit on the ergo is around 40 pounds, I think). He prefers to walk these days, but we keep a carrier in the car just in case.

We're also getting an Osprey Poco for Christmas, which has a weight limit of closer to 50 pounds. We do a lot of hiking and traveling, so a more structured carrier makes sense for us right now.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    How tall is your son? If he is really small for his age then an ergo would work but if he is average height then you need to look at kinderpak or something with a wider base. Technically DD is under the weight limit for for ergo (24lb) but she is too tall to sit properly with knees above hips.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How tall is your son? If he is really small for his age then an ergo would work but if he is average height then you need to look at kinderpak or something with a wider base. Technically DD is under the weight limit for for ergo (24lb) but she is too tall to sit properly with knees above hips.
    That's a really good point! Thinking it over, I realized that DS hasn't been in the Ergo since Labor Day weekend and he was pretty long then.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

• Options
    We have an REI pack with a frame that DD will still ride in. I might be able to put her in the Ergo, but I think she's probably a little too tall. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a big hiking carrier (can't remember the brand - it's a hand me down) that we use for hiking, but DS is still light enough to carry in the Ergo so we still have that option as well.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I might have to do some looking online at the hiking carriers. I don't want to get something so big that I can't handle, but I kind of hated our last one. Do you ladies find that you get what you pay for? I'd be ok with spending more if we ended up liking it and using it more frequently than our last one.
  • Options
    What was your last carrier?  When you say using it for travel what do you mean?  In airports? Hiking? sight seeing?

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options

We have a hiking pack too but its not something I would use at the airport, shopping etc.  I think a soft structured toddler carrier is would be most versatile.

#1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I don't remember what it was, but it was $30 (I think) from Target. It was ok for DS but it was really uncomfortable for me. The straps just didn't seem right. With travel, I'm thinking more for shopping, playing disk golf, a bit of sight seeing, nothing too strenuous :)
  • Options
    What's the chances Ergo has a Black Friday sale? Wishful thinking?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"