C-sections

supportive belts post c-section

I did not get a supportive belt the first time but I am reading that they are wonderful, especially after a c-section. I am curious if anyone has bought one, what brand they got and if they liked it. I am searching around and the prices run from 15-150$. I am on a budget so the cheaper the better, but I also don't want to get something that won't work. Or did you feel the belt was a total waist of money?
photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
          Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
Lilypie - (bLG7)

Re: supportive belts post c-section

• They put one in me shortly after the surgery (in recovery, I think, but I don't remember). There isn't a brand name on the tag, but it's similar to the one linked below. Part of it is a solid panel and the rest is a durable elastic with Velcro along one edge. Totally adjustable. It was really helpful for the week following surgery. Made me feel like my insides weren't falling out (and mage coughing and laughing less painful), kept my clothes off the incision and I would tuck a pad under it and over the incision before going in the car to give some dogface and passing under the seat belt. I would also pull my underwear over it, keeping the band off the incision.

https://www.amazon.com/Gabrialla-Breathable-Elastic-Abdominal-Binder/dp/B000WFT3II
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • I was given one in the hospital and I love it. Didn't have to pay at all for it because the doctor ordered it. I love that everyday I make it a little tighter because I know it means I'm getting back to normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good to know, I saw someone on FB post that they were given one at the hospital too so I will make sure to ask for one. I was not given one with my last but we are in a different state/different hospital this time.
    The only thing I did was put a pad over my incision with my first so my clothes didn't rub on it. A belt sounds so much more comfortable

photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • i had one after my c-section that was given to me by the hospital upon my request. it was good in the sense that the pressure seemed to ease the pain and made it more comfortable to sit up from a laying/sitting position. good luck!

• I was put in one after my second csection (different hospital than first csection), and they even gave me a size down to take home with me!  I thought it was great, felt like protection and support. Made it a lot easier when my toddler wanted to snuggle and occasionally elbowed me. I loved it: it's in my hospital bag already for my section coming up!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The hospital usually issues the binder to you and as a pp said get a size smaller too for when your swelling comes down at home.

imageimage

• I bought an Abdomend, and when I brought it with me (I had a scheduled cs the 1st time) all the nurses said how it was the nicest softest one that they had ever seen.  I wore it for the first 2 weeks.  It was soft like tshirt material and gave me the support that I needed.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have ordered a "underworks post pregnancy girdle belt" from Amazon - great reviews and only £15.99 - I am
    Booked for my second c section in 2 weeks time (39 weeks) looking forward to trying it out! After my last emergency section I was very down due to my revolting baggy tummy, which took almost a year to return to a relatively normal state. So this time round I am on a mission to get my body back- ready for my wedding in August! Good luck to you xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"