April 2013 Moms

Teething? or does my child just hate me!?!?!?

JBDamonMJBDamonM member
edited November 2013 in April 2013 Moms

Soooo. I elluded to this in JSS's post below, but would love to hear A13's thoughts.

We are in the midst of sleep hell in my house :(

It started two weeks ago. The same time I noticed her top gums were very swollen. Well, DD is a horrible teether, so essentially I buckled in. With her bottom teeth, especially the first one we went through three weeks of sleep hell before it got better and soon after popped. It got so bad I took her to the pedi - who was an as* and told me there was nothing wrong.

So, for the most part she's been going down ok. The bigger issue is that she wakes up, ALL.NIGHT.LONG. Every teething remedy we try works for a little while, but then proves ineffective....It's maddening. Her newest thing last night was to cry whenever you didn't have a hand on her.

My question for you ladies - how long do I let this go on? I believe it's her teeth and she's just a slow teether, but I will feel AWFUL if there is something bigger bothering her.If the pattern is consistent with her bottom teeth - then Friday will make the three week mark... and maybe things will get better? I don't know - and now I have DH telling me we need to let her cry it out. I'm not opposed to sleep training, but I am opposed to doing it when I believe she's in pain. I am also wondering if there is some seperation anxiety going on....

Thoughts?

Edited to add: She's also been doing this weird thing lately where she furosiously moves her head back and forth - imagine like an escimo kiss. I have no idea why - but am frustrated because I know there's a reason she's doing it. Any thoughts on that as well? She does it a lot when I put her down in her crib.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

Re: Teething? or does my child just hate me!?!?!?

• We have no teeth yet so no help there but seperation anxiety is also hitting us.  Putting her back down after motn feeding is really hard.

I am a worrier by nature, but if you really think something is wrong, I would go to the doc. If he was not nice last time, maybe see someone else this time?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Have you given her any meds? Because if you're pretty sure she's in pain and can see swollen gums, I would be giving Tylenol and/or Motrin.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • I was going to ask about meds too -- and those hylands teething tabs, which DO seem to work on James.  

Re; the eskimo kiss -- my definition of an eskimo kiss is brushing your eyelashes on somebody, but if you're talking about head-shaking like "no no no no no," then yes -- LO does this, usually when he's teething or has an ear infection.

Other than teething or good ol' fashioned separation anxiety, it sounds like maybe an ear infection - any ear pulling going on?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sorry - I should've added meds to my original post.

Right now we are giving her Motrin, the first couple times it worked wonders, now it doesn't last more than 4 hours (WTF??)..... The teething tablets worked wonders with her first tooth, now also seem ineffective. And Tylenol also did not seem strong enough.

@JSS1002 - no ear pulling going on, but you're spot on with your description of no no no no no......

Maybe I'll ask her daycare provider to look at her ears tomorrow. She's not a Dr. but is familiar with what an infected ear looks like. I honestly can't deal with bringing her back to the pedi for them to tell me there is nothing wrong again. UGH. But I know I need to be sure she's OK.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Lo also does the head thing, she does it quite violently sometimes too!  And also in her sleep, I have no idea why she does it.
    She just cut her first tooth a few days ago, evenings she has been a mess, and while before she went to sleep flawlessly, now it's a fight.  And I have to let her fall asleep in bed with me, and then get her over into the crib after she fell asleep.  I agree I wouldn't start CIO if I think there is something underlying going on.  I hope things get better for you both, don't let the Pedi discourage you, we don't like ours either, they make us feel dumb whenever we think something is wrong.  Is there another Pedi in your practice you can see?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"