Multiples
Options

Sonoline Fetal Doppler

Used this 2-3 times a week with our first b/c we do IVF and were always concerned about the possibility of loss.  Am almost 14 weeks and have used it maybe 3 times so far.  Anyone else use one at home?  Just wondering about what you think about safety.  Will ask Dr next week, just wanted some opinions first.
Thanks!

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

Re: Sonoline Fetal Doppler

• Options
    I use it, mostly because my toddler is insistent on it. He brings it to me with the gel and lays on my chest while we listen to the hb.  However, now that I know there are two in there it doesn't provide as much reassurance, because I don't know if I actually heard both heartbeats or just an echo of one. My doctor knows that I use it and never discouraged it.

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Options
    I used one almost daily for a while. I was also able to find two heartbeats in two places (fraternal) very easily once the doctor did, and I knew where to look!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That makes me feel better. I watched where the Drs found each hb..1 in the middle, one on the right side,and one towards the top. It is never for sure... But at least it will make me feel better. Sounds silly, our daughter was severely colicky.. 8 to 12 hours a day screaming bloody murder. So I would do anything to avoid that.
  • Options
    I have one and no lie used it last week at 35 weeks. Sometimes I just need some reassurance if the girls are being a bit lazy that day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"