May 2012 Moms

New phrase...

DD has started saying "dirty bum" when she pees or poops!
I'm kinda hopeful now that she'll be potty trained by the time her sibling is born in May...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New phrase...

• DD says "poopy pants" and giggles. We just started introducing the potty last weekend. Right now she usually asks to sit on it before her nap and before bed (probably as a stalling technique!) And has actually peed on it 3 times so far. I'm not sure if it is just the novelty of it or if she'll keep wanting to try it, I'm just following her lead at this point. Everything I've read says that they don't really develop the muscles to hold it until sometime after 2 yrs, so I don't plan on putting much effort into it until then.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Some girls I know were all but trained by two my boys were closer to three before they were ready
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • DD has a word or sounds for just about everything, but for poops she just gets a scrunchy look on her face and holds her belly. Then when it's time to flush she waves to her poo and says "bye-bye" lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• DD has a word or sounds for just about everything, but for poops she just gets a scrunchy look on her face and holds her belly. Then when it's time to flush she waves to her poo and says "bye-bye" lol.

Lol, ds also gets the look. He has started grabbing my hand or dh's hand and pushing it towards the flush lever when he is finished with the potty. Now if only I could figure out when he needs to pee, he was dry most of yesterday but it's because I took him potty about once an hour, and right after nap and eating time. I do think having cloth diapers helps in this case because I think they are more aware when they are wet, but he really still doesn't care, which is probably essential to potty training.
  • I'm jealous. DD shows no signs of letting me know or any interest in the potty what so ever. She knows the word "potty" and where it is but doesn't understand what it's for. In fact, the other day she was standing right next to me grunting and I asked her if she was pooping. She didn't say anything but then I could smell it and said, "You did poop, come on lets go change your diaper," and she ran away yelling, "no!" I have a feeling potty training will not be easy for us. I was hoping she would be one of the girls that "potty train faster." Doesn't look like that's going to happen. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• DD says "uh oh" and holds her bum when she poops.  Otherwise we aren't there yet to start potty training.  I am hoping to be started by April when her little brother comes. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • They are all VERY young right now, unless you take them all the time they lack the muscle control yet to really hold it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"