May 2013 Moms

Is your LO still in a carrier?

DD is getting heavy, and her feet are on the verge of going off the side. I'm a clutz, and tend to slip and fall in the winter when there's snow and ice. I'd hate to see myself holding DD and slipping outside on the pavement while going out to the car, etc. 

Is your LO still in a carrier? If not, when did you take them out and use a regular car seat? 
Would it be realistic if I kept her in the carrier until shes 8 months? 
Married 10/09/11
Miss Claire born 5/29/13
Our Happy Little Family

Re: Is your LO still in a carrier?

• You'll have to look at what the carrier will hold.  Our carrier will hold up to 24 lbs but only 27 in and 
    J is 26 1/2 so we're moving him into the reg. carseat this weekend.  
  • We are still in a carrier. Weight wise, it isn't an issue but we are on our last height notch for him. When he out grows that we will switch. 

We just put the winter bundle thing on it which is also convenient. 
    photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We still use the carrier too and I'll use it as long as I can. I love being able to carry him inside after he has fallen asleep in the car and him staying asleep! He is smallish tho (25th percentile) so I think we're good for a little while still.
  • It says 22lbs and 29 inches. DD is probably around 16lbs and close to 27 inches. 
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family

• We have one that goes to 40# (not that ill be carrying it that long) but its nice to have the option to no wake her coming or going... For the most part, we leave the seat in the base and carry her in arm, cart or stroller...
  • like everyone else said, it's really gonna depend on height/weight restrictions, the size of your LO and how much weight you can physically carry. If your LO is gaining around a pound a month and an inch a month then you might be okay till 8 months?

For us, our carseat can be used up to 30lbs and/or 32 inches. S is not even 13lbs and almost 24 inches so we'll be using our seat for a very very long time...
  • Still using the carrier here too..it's going to have to go in the next month or so though :( I love the carrier.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He made the switch to his big boy car seat with my mom today. He's around 19 pounds and at least 28 inches (we go for our official visit next week) so he's near the end of his carrier. My mom couldn't carry him anymore in the carrier. We just got our big boy car seat but haven't installed it yet
  • Ours goes to 32 inches and 35 lbs. We moved DS1 when he was about 10 months 31 inches tall. Funny thing at 2 he still isn't 35 lbs! DS2 was only 27 inches at his 6 month...so it may be awhile.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • My guy still has one more notch for height. So well prob use it a while more. It's getting heavy though.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • yes, planning on keeping it until about 9mos just like first dd, except she was really big so maybe even longer with this one
  • Yup. 30 lbs / 30 inches on ours. I don't carry him in it often, but I like the option.
  • Mine is only 19 lbs and 27" so she still is. I plan to keep her in it until she is too big either weight or height wise. I really hope to get the winter with her in the carrier cause its so much easier to keep her warm when I am running around town and its cold out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Still using ours too. We still have one notch to go for height as well and isn't close to the weight limit either. It's heavy but convenient!
  • kmcd23 said:
    Yup. 30 lbs / 30 inches on ours. I don't carry him in it often, but I like the option.

Same.
  • We are getting a convertible car seat for Christmas, our current one goes up to 30lbs though so we still have a few lbs to go (he is about 23 right now)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have a ton of time. I believe it's rated to 30lbs and 32 inches.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• I'm going to try to keep B in there through the winter, if I can. He still has one height notch left.
    Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
  • Yes. We are on the highest notch now, but we have up to 30 inches (there is no way we will reach 30 lbs begote then), so we are probably good for a couple more months. She hated it for the first four months, so we never carried her in it much anyway.
  • I'm the minority, but I moved her to her big girl seat this past weekend (she's 26 inches, 16 lbs). Its super inconvenient, but my neck was killing me.
    IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"