November 2013 Moms

How's your hormones?

One of the things that worried me was how would my hormones treat me post delivery as my body adjusts. However, I am 5 days post partum and feel like I am on a high. I feel like nothing bothers me. I am wondering how long it will last. On the other hand, I also can't sleep even though LO is sleeping the best he has since he's been here tonight. I also very easily happy cry over little sentimental things about LO and DH.
I know everyone is different but how far post partum are you and how are your hormones treating you so far? I'm curious how all of our bodies are adjusting to all of these massive changes.

Re: How's your hormones?

• Tears still come easy. My body is still exhausted - 8 days postpartum. I have had the shakes and chills from hormones, have a slight rash on my right arm, and still very sore in the lady parts. I did have a day of baby blues but it was sleep deprivation induced.
  • lafsalot said:

Tears still come easy. My body is still exhausted - 8 days postpartum. I have had the shakes and chills from hormones, have a slight rash on my right arm, and still very sore in the lady parts. I did have a day of baby blues but it was sleep deprivation induced.

I had the shakes from hormones too!! Yucky!! But I'm 9 days PP. I've had a feeewwwwww cries. Sleep deprivation, one night I had no idea why she was crying and it made me cry, I look at her and she's so beautiful cry, why is her dad so stupid cry, no idea why I'm crying cry.

Just a mess. Lol. But overall I'm happy!! Besides my pelvic region hurting really bad like at the top. Annnnnd the pain pills don't help it too much. Can barely walk some days. Time to call doc
  • Loading the player...
  • 11 days postpartum and I'm getting progressively better. I haven't cried since Sunday (considering I was a crying mess every day before). I have just started to keep busy around the house and with DD and baby. This morning dh was so good and took care of baby during her 5:30am feeding. My big girl woke me up when she was telling daddy that I had promised to wake her up earlier to curl her hair for school. Thank God I heard her and woke up to do it because that would've made me cry today for sure if i didn't come through for her. I get mommy's guilt more with my 9 year old- so I really try to do a lot with her when I can.

Physically I feel fine. It feels good to have a normal appetite and a comfy sleep. Everyday I feel more and more normal.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I had one big, crazy cry the day after labor and that's about it. I read the thread about hormones crashing around day 5 and it never happened to me. Ive been my normal, happy self since me and LO were discharged, but I have been looking over my shoulder for an impending meltdown.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO is 3 weeks today and I think I'm finally starting to even out a little. I'm not nearly as emotional as I have been and I'm thinking more level headed now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm 10 days pp. Overall I have had a super easy time. Last night was the first time SO went to work and I was home alone with LO and I cried the moment he walked through the door. She was crabby and I couldn't handle it anymore.

• We are 3 weeks in, and the exhaustion (mostly self-inflicted) makes the tears come way too easily.  I cried half a dozen times yesterday.  So far so good today!! :)   Just taking it one day at a time and listening to my body and talking it out with my DH.

He suggested getting out of the house more.  I tend to agree, although it's getting cold, and it may get more difficult.  
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Glad to hear I'm not the only one who is ridiculously sensitive about my LO. I knew I would be for Christs sake he's my baby, but I sit and think about the craziest things. Like what kind of dad will he be? What will I do when he gets married? What if he died from SIDS? Then I cry sentimental tears not sad ones. The last one has been driving me a little nuts. I read an article on it before bed, BAD idea! That's a sure way to ruin your sleep for a long time. But I know it was hormones making me feel like I had enough energy to run a marathon, while stayed up all night staring at my LO. I'm on day 5 and warned my husband that today is the day you might want to be careful around me. Ha, he just laughed. He's been so good about everything so far, thank goodness! Here's to hoping the hormones don't win this one.
  • I am really up and down, most days I am calm Cool and collected but then I was in The grocery store lined up to pay and my DH went to grab a coffee from a cafe within the store...we progressed a little closer to the till and I started crying because I can't lift DS and his carseat out of the cart to unload (c section)....super embarrassing..luckily DH got back before it was an actual issue, but I couldn't believe I cried about that.
  • Two weeks today. My hormones suck ass and I hate them. I'm crying over everything. Camille is sleeping better at night the last two nights but I feel guilty if I don't wake her to eat every three hours.
  • Sam is almost 2 months old so I am back to normal, but still wanted to post in hopes that it would help someone.  I was a mess from 10 days PP through week 4.  I was very overwhelmed from his NICU stay and having a 15 month old.  I would go from ok, sad, depressed, scared, angry back to being ok all day long.  I have struggled with depression for 17 years and was so scared that I was going to have PPD.  Luckily around the beginning of week 5 I became more confident and the hormones settled down.  Sorry this is long...the point is that if you feel this way, remember that it is temporary and try to keep perspective.  It's also important to talk to your doctor.  It doesn't mean you are weak.  Thanks for listening :) 

Anna Catherine 7/23/2012, 35 weeks 5 days, 5 lbs 5 oz (PProm)

Baby Sam 10/4/2013, 36 weeks 2 days, 5 lbs 14 oz

• 1 week today. My LO had a choking spell due to residual fluid in her lungs from birth on day two of being home, it wasn't necessarily hormones that made me cry as that was a serious and scary moment, but I'm sure it was the hormones that let me cry for 3 hours after and wanted to keep me up all night to stare at her. Plus 3 days later if I think about it I start crying. I also had a ridiculous cry one night about how I didn't want her to grow up and I seriously couldn't look at her without bawling for over an hour, DH was pretty weirded out by that haha and told me he didn't know what to do. I also feel bad bc DHs dad passed away a week before we found out I was pregnant and his dad always wanted a girl on their side of the family, and now that we have a girl I can't quit thinking about how sad it is for DH that he's not here which again makes me cry if I think about it. So basically I'm just trying to think happy thoughts lol.
  • Day 11, and I've been all over the place. Some days I've been fine all day with no crying, other days just occasional crying out of nowhere. Today I'm a mess. I'm so grateful that DH is working from home today or he probably would have come home to both me and DS sobbing. I'm sure some of it is exhaustion, but I really hope it gets under control soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"