Could I be pregnant?! IUD — The Bump
March 2013 Moms

Could I be pregnant?! IUD

Hey ladies,

I haven't been around the board much lately. Work and the baby have kept me pretty busy! I know I need to take a pregnancy test and will do so after work...but I'm wondering if any of y'all (or someone you know) has gotten pregnant while having a copper IUD in place? I got mine in at maybe 4 months out, and since then have only had maybe 2 periods (they were normal). I've been exhausted- but an 8.5 month old will do that to you!

I've also read (ugh, Dr. Google) about how IUD pregnancies cause a higher risk of miscarriage. Eeek.

So, test will be tonight, but was just wondering if anyone else has experienced one.

TIA!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Could I be pregnant?! IUD

• I haven't experienced this but wanted to say that I am hoping for the best for you. I have a paragard and would worry at first but have stopped and of course now I'm worried again after reading this. My Dr said if I ended up pregnant to get in right away as it is an emergency situation. Best of luck!
  • Hey...

Im so sorry you are experiencing this... I have a copper iud and its not something one wants to deal with :(

I think it is a higher risk, but not a definite. I thinbk my dr told me that at a certain point they wont remove it at all because of the risk, and some women have it for their entire pregnancy?

What was the result? Did  you take the pt?

• Loading the player...
  • I'm currently pregnant with my ParaGard IUD. Doing HCG blood test to rule out ectopic pregnancy. Good luck and keep us posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards