Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

RNP to crib

Does anyone have any tips for switching LO to her crib from her rock n play? How did it go for you? I'm nervous about it because she LOVES her rnp.

Re: RNP to crib

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    My DS did not like to be swaddled so the swaddling tips that many told me didn't work.  We ended up putting a couple folded towels under the sheet to give it a little bit of an incline and that seemed to help a lot.  I also did a mesh bumper since he squirms so much he was getting his legs between the railings and I think that did the trick.  He has been sleeping through the night for the past 2 weeks now and he just turned 12 wks yesterday.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We didn't do anything special. Just decided to make the transition when she had her last shots. We kinda figured it would be a rough night or two anyways. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. She did have a lot more wake ups, especially the 2nd week in there. But she's doing pretty well now.
  • Options
    I was SO stressed about this as well.  We use a Halo sleep sack, sound machine, and rocked her until she was in a deep sleep and it worked from night #1 a few weeks ago.  She actually sleeps longer stretches now (7.5-8.5 hours) at 12 weeks. Getting her out o the RNP has been such an awesome change for the whole family, we all sleep better.  The RNP was a life saver the first 6 weeks though.
  • Options
    We slowly started weaning LO off the RNP by putting her in the crib for naps during the day. But she was also still very little. She stopped napping in the RNP by 5-6 weeks.
  • Options
    So when did you guys make the transition?  My LO turns 3 months this week and I thought we would do it at the 3 month mark but he's still having horrible reflux problems, which is why we put him in the RnP in the first place (he actually slept in his crib the first 3 weeks).
  • Options
    It was really rough at first but just keep doing it know that it will get better. Persistence was key for us.
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • Options

So when did you guys make the transition?  My LO turns 3 months this week and I thought we would do it at the 3 month mark but he's still having horrible reflux problems, which is why we put him in the RnP in the first place (he actually slept in his crib the first 3 weeks).

If he's still having bad reflux, I think I'd leave him in the rnp until it subsides or he outgrows the rnp (whichever comes first).

To answer your question though, we did it at just before 3 months old.
  • Options
    Making the transition from swing to crib tonight. She just turned 3 months. She fell asleep by herself in crib ( w paci and I was rubbing her head) so we will see how the night goes!! Good luck to you!
  • Options
    This might not work for everyone, depending on the age, but I actually lay our LO on his side when I place him in the crib at night. He eventually rolls to his back before his first feeding, but he's a "thrasher" and used to hit himself in the head and get agitated on his back. When sleeping on his side it also helps his paci stay in until he's reaaally in a deep sleep.
  • Options
    We transitioned at 4 months old (dd also had reflux, so she began to outgrow the rnp at that time) by using the merlin's magic sleep suit (sold on amazon).  It's amazing.  The first few nights, we tried just using a sleep sack or swaddle, but she kept rolling onto her stomach, getting stuck and waking up.  With the sleep suit, it puts her in a deep sleep, I can leave her in her crib before she's asleep and she falls asleep with no tears or fussing, and sleeps 10-12 hours (with one wake for feeding).  It keeps them semi-swaddled, although the arms are free, and she can't roll over or move around in it too much.  It's been a lifesaver for us.  Just added the next size up (6-9 months) for her x-mas wish list.
  • Options
    I'm dreading this! My girls love the rnp, I've ordered Merlin's magic sleep suit and d-day is next Friday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I second the Merlin's sleep suit. DD would only sleep and nap in her RNP until about 2 weeks ago (now 13 weeks). She was starting to turn on her side and kick her body up in the RNP so I knew it was time to get rid of it. We stopped swaddling at 6 weeks when she started escaping them. We started with naps once the sleep suit arrived so I could monitor her better. I normally rocked her until she was in a light sleep with the RNP. She wasn't liking the rocking (takes 20 min just to settle her down) so I just decided to try to let her fall asleep on her own the first time. Works like a charm! The RNP hasn't been used except when awake since the day the sleep suit arrived! Since the sleep suit, she has been able to sleep pretty much in any crib/PNP we place her (even at our friend's house) and has put herself to sleep every time. We even have to wake her after 2-3 hour naps (which were 30-45 min before). I paid $50 with rush shipping for the suit. I would easily pay twice that knowing what it has done for my daughter (and me!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"