December 2011 Moms

More babies in the family

So, my SIL announced she's pregnant at family lunch yesterday. (Which we were not at because of our move.) This makes #4 of which are all less than 2 years apart. I can't say I'm thrilled. It would be another story if they acted like they liked their kids or knew of their location at all times. I was at their house about 2 months ago and their 1 year old came crawling up and SIL said, oh my, I don't think I changed his diaper all day. I thought she was joking, but it looked/felt like one of DS's overnight diapers when I get him after sleeping for 12 hours. Not impressed. Maybe it's a little jealousy coming through that she has had all relatively healthy kids, and all I want is 1. Maybe it's because she hasn't even told me herself yet and I think that's rude. Maybe it's because I think my brother's first wife would have made a much better mom. Maybe I'm just crabby. I'll go with that. Anyone want to tell me some good stories to cheer me up??

Re: More babies in the family

• sorry @-T- no good stories handy here.  But I will share a SIL gripe, I recently gave my SIL serious side-eye over the phone the other day.  I gave her lots of Gray's old stuff, really as much as seemed reasonable including my breast pump (all new tubes, etc.) because her DH is a private in the army and they are just barely scraping by.  So I'm packing up the next size batch of Gray's old clothes to take with us to Thanksgiving and I wanted to know if she wanted certain things so I called her and during the conversation she says should I bring your "breast feeding kit" back, I only used it a couple times.  Baby is 5 weeks old.  I say no you should keep it as LO gets older you will be able to pump more and more.  This is when she tells that she stopped breast feeding two weeks ago, cause it was "taking too long".  I'm am sure that I should not judge her for this decision, but I'm having a hard time sticking to that, since she goes on to say that formula is soooo expensive and all I can think is that everyone in our family is bending over backwards to help them and she just gave up a completely free and amazing source of food, because it was taking too long.  Don't get me wrong I know there are lots of reasons that breast feeding doesnt work out, but I thought even if breast feeding isnt working, she could pump and use the expressed milk, that wouldnt take too long.   I just couldnt believe she had given up already.  I breastfed for 6 months, 3 months and 3 months back at work, she is a SAHM how is it that she doesnt have the time to breastfeed? Sorry like I said, shouldnt judge still working on that.  I think, this did drive me nutz and maybe a little more so, because as I was packing up all of Gray's old things it just made me think more and more about the other LO's that I thought we would have, but are seeming less and less likely now :(

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Wow! I am with you there! I would have a hard time giving more things to her. I had a low supply and it was almost not worth pumping as long as I did, so I do judge those that give up. That is also something I need to work on.
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If that is her only kid and she SAH then I would judge her too. I loved those days with DD. BFing was the perfect excuse to sit on the couch all
    day snuggling DD and watching DVR.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I am sorry, T. ((hugs))
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• I'm so sorry. Since this is turning into a SIL thread, I'll play.

My brother's wife has never held, played with, or talked to DS. She (reluctantly) came to visit us in the hospital when he was born, but stood in the corner with her arms crossed. She ignored him at all family gatherings his first year of life. She came to his first birthday party and gave him a lovely gift, but again, sat in the corner with her arms crossed and didn't interact with anybody (she's always been terrible to our family, but I guess I thought it would be different with a BABY).

We don't really have a relationship and she's very open at "not liking kids" - but she's still his aunt and it still hurts. Mostly I feel sorry for my brother, because he wants kids in the next few years and I can't imagine this woman as a mother at. all. The kicker? She's a middle school teacher.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • wow @oasismomma that must be tough to have a SIL like that, but seriously how is she a teacher???

This thread has made me start to think about how odd it is that people from the same mother can be so different.  Crazy, my DH and his sister are such polar opposites and when I told him my conversation he was so disapointed in her

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"