Trouble TTC

Intro and Question

Hi Ladies,

I've been posting on TTC for a few months, but now that I have a more... TTTC question, I figured it was time to make the board switch. So hello!

Quick Intro: I'm 29 and my DH is 30, we've been together for 11 years and were married in May 2012. I went off BCPs in September 2012 and have officially been TTC since October 2012. After 7 relatively "normal" cycles, my cycles started getting longer and longer (42 days, 53 days, 64 days, now I'm sitting at CD90) so on November 11 I had my first appointment with an RE. After doing an ultrasound and a blood test he diagnosed me with PCOS and put me on Provera and Metformin, so as of now I'm just waiting for AF to show up for the CD3 appointment.

Now the question: My DH's SA came back today, and the nurse said that count, motility and morphology looked great, but the "24 hour test" showed no forward progress after 24 hours. She referred to his swimmers as "sprinters, not marathon runners" (her words not mine). So I've been googling around trying figure out more about this and can't find a damn thing! Has anyone else ever heard of this test or this result? I can't help but feel like the RE is just trying to push us toward more expensive procedures...

TTC #1 October 2012
Me (30): PCOS DH (31): SA looks good

12/13: Clomid + IUI = BFN

1/14: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN

2/14: Benched = BCP

3/14: Femara = BFN

4/14: Break for job change = BFP!! EDD 1/5/15

Re: Intro and Question

• Welcome!

Sorry I have never heard of that but I am sure some ladies on here can chime in.

I would think IUI might still be an option be recommended because it puts the sperm so much closer to the egg.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• I agree with ksgsmu - Don't let the diagnosis scare you. IUI and other treatments may still help. 

Welcome. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Loading the player...
  • Hello!  We've had 2 of DHs SA results be like that - after a couple of hrs all of hi boys had died.  IUI should still help.  It just means the timing of everything is more crucial. 

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • The IUI also helps with timing!!

I am unexplained. In the beginning I left as though maybe there wasn't anything wrong with me but they wanted to charge me for expensive treatments. Then the months kept ticking by. It was my husband who finally said: who cares? We just want to get pregnant!
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Thanks for the responses!

I'm hoping to go the cheapest most effective route, but like you said ronniesgirl, in the end who cares, we just want a baby! :P

TTC #1 October 2012
    Me (30): PCOS DH (31): SA looks good

12/13: Clomid + IUI = BFN

1/14: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN

2/14: Benched = BCP

3/14: Femara = BFN

4/14: Break for job change = BFP!! EDD 1/5/15

• Welcome to the board.  Hopefully, your stay will be short.

While I haven't heard of that test, it does make sense (given that "average" sperm should be viable up to 48 hours (and sometimes longer).  If his only live for 12 hours, then it would make TTC much harder and timing even more important. 

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"