Baby Showers

In need of some creative help...

So I've been put in charge of planning the games for my sisters baby shower. (She's not insisting on games but says "she would really like if we could play two or three games") Due to the fact that most of the guests will be fairly young, (21-25) I've decided to do two "drinking" games. One will be called "Apple juice chug" where the players will have to chug apple juice from baby bottles and the first to finish wins a prize. The second one has me stumped. I want to play "milk pong" somehow. But how? Lol. I don't want my guests drinking out of the same cups they threw ping pong balls in. (It's different when it's beer because you don't care, you just wanna get drunk lol.) And I don't want my guests making a mess because we're having the shower at a country club. Can anyone give me ideas on how I could do this? Or maybe suggest a different drinking game that I can apply to a baby shower?

Re: In need of some creative help...

• You could do flipcup with breastmilk you purchased online. (Haha ;) or regular milk)
  • Take a shot every time someone says "baby"? lol
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • The reason the drinking games are even coming into play is because my sister was a big party person and drinker before she got pregnant. (She is 21 years old.) I think it secretly bums her out that her friends kind of leave her out of plans now when they go out. (OBVIOUSLY this is her fault because she is the one who made the choice to get pregnant but I think it still kind of makes her sad that those party days are pretty much over now.) Anyway, I feel like the drinking games would entertain her more than regular shower games and I also kind of feel like she'll feel a little more included with her friends again. I'm just trying to make my sister happy and I think she'd really find those games funny and entertaining. When it comes to chugging milk, we would only use about a shot glass size amount of milk. We were planning on doing something like flip cup but with just a small amount of milk in the solo cups.
  • I don't see why them being 21-25 means drinking games.  I was 21 when I got pregnant.  I was big into drinking and house parties, etc.  However, I would have been embarrassed if there were 'drinking' games at my baby shower! Heck I am 22 and would be embarrassed by that/side eying as a guest (and so would my friends).
  • Darbie914 said:
    I mean no offense by this because I know you're trying to make your sister happy but I kind of think 'drinking' games at a baby shower thrown at a country club sounds a little trashy to me.  The apple juice chug isn't a huge deal but trying to incorporate flip cup or beer pong into it seems a little too much.

I can understand wanting your sister feel included because she can't go out and party like she did before.  But I would hope that her friends realize that this is a new chapter for her and will be able to put aside the partying for a few hours to celebrate her becoming a Mom.  

This x1000. My bff had her baby at 20. We threw her a regular shower with regular games like baby gift bingo. It was great. To me trying to "make up for the fact she can't party" rubs it in even more by using silly substitutions. I'd focus on the nice aspects of being a mom and not what she is losing. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ok, I am being completely honest here.  My intent is not to be rude, but this is a case where I believe being blunt is best.  I too agree with a PP that this comes across as trashy.  I also wanted to say that I know and respect that you were just trying to think if something fun and different for your sister.

In addition, if someone did this for me, I would be embarrassed.  I would be thinking " Dear Lord, my guests must be thinking I'm a lush if I miss drinking so much that I wanted my baby shower to have drinking games."

• namcgee said:
    You could incorporate the "drinking" thing in a more subtle classy way at the country club by decorating with flowers or floating candles in martini/margarita glasses and serving mocktails and cookies with milk shots.

Showers don't have to be all stuffy and traditional, but this frat party kind of thing just doesn't sound fitting for your venue.  Maybe someone's basement.

namcgee said:
    You could incorporate the "drinking" thing in a more subtle classy way at the country club by decorating with flowers or floating candles in martini/margarita glasses and serving mocktails and cookies with milk shots.

Showers don't have to be all stuffy and traditional, but this frat party kind of thing just doesn't sound fitting for your venue.  Maybe someone's basement.

Couldn't agree more.... I think doing the milk and cookies and mock tails in wine glasses is a super cute way to keep with the feel and backdrop of a country club. I especially would avoid any faux drinking games if there will be ANY aunts, parents, or in-laws involved. I just seems a little immature and inappropriate for a baby shower. Plus, I would be mortified to be asked to drink out of a baby bottle around my relatives, a d even my friends- drunk or sober. I could totally see how the bottles and milk pong idea might be a fun "girls' night in" activity to pamper mom-to-be and not have her feel left out of the party life... But not at a baby shower at a country club.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"