LGBT Parenting
Options

Update from L&D

Thanks so much for all the sweet comments... I haven't really been able to read much but appreciate having a whole cyber community out there rooting for us. Here is a quick update:

We were admitted to L&D at 9 pm, I was given cervidil around 10:30 pm, this was supposed to be "the drug you can sleep through"  But for me, within an hour I was in a terrible contraction pattern where they were minutes apart and not allowing uterine relaxation in between contractions.  It was a rough night.  L was up helping me labor and I made it with the medicine in place until 5 am when my OB showed up and said we had to stop before something happens to me or baby.  Usually they leave it in for 12 hours.  The best thing is that the cervidil was enough to move me into my own natural labor pattern.  All morning I have been laboring with contractions about 5 minutes apart without any induction medication! Yay!  I still may need pitocin later if things don't progress but for now I am thrilled.  We are just working through the long stage of early labor.  Will update more later.... hopefully when he makes his big entrance.  
Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13

Re: Update from L&D

• Options
    Sorry you had a long night, but I'm thrilled that things are progressing well so far!  Continuing to think about you and L and baby Oliver!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

So glad you were able to update us!

I am so sorry to hear that it was a long, rough night for you. Hoping that you continue to progress, and that you get to meet your little guy later today. Continuing to think of you and sending positive, warm thoughts!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Best wishes for a happy and healthy birth!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options
    YAY for being in labor!! :-)  Sorry it was a rough night for you & L.  Thanks for the update. I will be cheering you on, and hoping that labor progresses smoothly.  Can't wait to meet your little guy.  Take Care!! :-)
  • Options
    Thank you for updating us and I'll be cheering you on!! 
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • Options
    Sorry that you've had a rough night.  I'm glad things are progressing more how you want them to now though.  Good luck!

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"