December 2011 Moms

Anyone having another?

Just found out about a month ago im having my second. Just wondering if any ladies are also expecting. Do you feel  like its too soon between babies? I didn't think so but im worried about potty training and doing everything, like its a race against time now.lol

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

goarmy.com Countdown widget

Re: Anyone having another?

• Congrats on your pregnancy!

My one piece of advice - don't rush it. Adding another kid be hectic but it's really not as bad as people say it is. If you rush your toddler it will leave both of you stressed.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not yet, but we both have babies on the brain :) DH held a little 5 week old baby girl and fell in love. I think we would be trying now if it were up to him.
  • I'm due with my second in January. DH and I wanted our kids to be about 2 years apart, so the timing of the LO is just perfect for us. I am a little worried about how DS is going to handle things. He's used to having Mommy and Daddy all to himself, but the reality is that he is just going to have to adjust. We'll make it as easy on him as possible, but he really doesn't have a choice in the matter. He's going to be a big brother whether he likes it or not!  :)
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats!!

We have another boy coming Due Jan 1st.  So we have the possibilty of another Dec baby. DS1 was Dec 10th (11 days early from his Dec 21 EDD)  While this was completely planned to have them this close, we do kinda wish we waited 1 more year. Being pregnant with a 1 1/2 -2yr old has been really rough on me. DH 's job has him working 60-80 hour weeks in the summer months. To add to it, we moved into a new house & town just after finding out we were expecting. A new town where I don't have any family nor do I know anyone. So there has been a LOT going on.

As far as DS1 adjusting to being a big brother, he is already in the "mom's big helper" role. I do worry about him adjusting to less direct mommy time, but lately he is a daddy's boy so perhaps we will be alright. DH will be home the entire 12 weeks of my maternity leave, like he was with DS1, so that helps too. But I do have all those new things for him on my mind too like the potty training & new bed transition that will eventually happen. I'm just trying not to think about it until after new baby is here, unless I have to because he starts crawling out of his crib or anything.

BUT - as tough as it has been, we are almost there & all will work out fine I know!

Sorry - I realize that was a bit of a novel. LOL

My 2 December boys

• I had a dream that was I pregnant!  HA!  In the dream I was freaking out as we are done with having kids.  We have 2 together and I have 2 older stepchildren, so my DH is done!  :)  My kids are 18 months apart so no definitely not too soon for you to have another!  I will say it was tough with 2u2 for awhile, but it's getting much easier now that they're older and like playing together.   

Good luck!  And no rush on the LO being potty trained.  I promise when they're ready it will take.  My DD was 2 1/2 before she was PT and I swear it happened overnight.  All of a sudden she figured it out and we haven't had an accident since!  For a week or so after that we had her in Pull-ups but she would let us know in the middle of the night when she had to go so we never had any night accidents either.  My little guy has gone a few times on the potty but he's not ready at all so we're not forcing it.  . 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm due at the beginning of February, so we're looking at a ~25 month age difference. We're really happy with that age gap now. The first trimester was really difficult - I was exhausted and DS seemed to be going through an especially clingy phase. At the time, I told anybody who would listen that our (hopeful) third child will definitely be at least 3 years younger than DS2.  We'll see how I feel when I've actually experienced being a mom of 2!

I definitely have concerns about our transition as a family, but we've been working hard over the past few months to set DS up for success.

DH has taken over a lot of the routine now, so there isn't this huge Mommy gap when I'm busy taking care of a newborn.

DS has been potty trained for just over a month now (we used this book, which recommends potty training between 20 and 30 months). We transitioned him to his big boy room around the same time. Those were my main priorities - both were pretty painless, honestly.

We talk about the baby a lot and are putting together a "big brother bag" to give DS when the baby is born. The bag includes a baby brother doll so that DS can take care of his baby while I'm taking care of DS2.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

• I already have #2. Mine are 17 months apart.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Ha! I had my second in August!  It has been so crazy but so wonderful.  They are 20 months apart.  I feel like there are a million reasons to wait, and a million to have them closer, it is never perfect timing but never bad timing either (as far as siblings are concerned).  The only thing I have been really bummed about is how little time I get with my youngest. with LO1 being so active, trying to be independent, and commanding so much attention, it is hard to get in the snuggles and face time with LO2, like I did with LO1.  But maybe since your oldest will be just that much older, better able to play on her own, you will be able to avoid that better.  

oh and congrats!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

• Due in June
  • Im due in june too!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

goarmy.com Countdown widget

• Congrats on your baby #2! 

I am also currently pregnant and due in late March. I think 2 years and 3 months will be a great age difference, not too soon. We will wait with potty training and big boy bed until DS shows signs that he's ready, there is no reason to push him to do it any sooner. 
    I worry about how I will deal with both kids when I am by myself, but am sure that I'll figure it out somehow. The good thing with new babies is that you can just lay them down somewhere to help DC #1 and they can't get away. Cry maybe, but still be safe, at least ;-)
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• I don't think it's too soon at all and I agree about not rushing it during an already hectic time. We were due in May, unfortunately we lost the baby at 11 weeks. DD was so excited about a baby and is getting better at doing things for herself, putting toys away, etc. Congrats!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"