Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Loss at 8 weeks

This is a pretty depressing intro. Was at work Thursday night and started experiencing back and abdominal pain, went to get checked out and ultrasound was inconclusive, so early pregnancy scan was arranged. Started bleeding very lightly on Sunday so went back in and early pregnancy scan was brought forward to yesterday Had my early pregnancy scan yesterday and it showed a pregnancy sac that was about 6 weeks. Midwife told me that il probably miscarry. Have another appointment next Tuesday to re-assess the situation and told if I don't miscarry naturally by then they'll move onto other options. I'm still bleeding and it's starting to get heavier, cramps aren't too bad at the moment. I've no idea what to expect when I miscarry, any ideas??

Re: Loss at 8 weeks

• I'm so sorry you are going through this. I had the same situation just without the bleeding. I went in for my 6 week U/s and the baby was only measuring 4 weeks. I was diagnosed with blighted ovum. I ended up having to take cytotec to induce miscarriage as my body was not realizing the baby had passed. I hope everything goes easy for you from here on out. I hope it doesn't drag on. Again, I'm so sorry you are going through this. This board has some awesome ladies who are all going through the same thing though, so it is a great support group.

Pregnancy Ticker
    MMC- 11/2013 @ 9 weeks
  • Thanks mirigirl x
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry you are going through this! I MC naturally twice and for this last loss I had a D&C. For the NMCs, I bled and had cramps for about a week. I had a lot of clots and passed a lot of tissue. Both times were awful experiences. The D&C was much better. My body did not pass anything either after 9 weeks. ( I also had a BO) and my body did not recognize the loss. I had all the symptoms but it all resulted in another loss. The D&C was much easier than the first 2. I was tried and just wanted it over, I didn't want to wait anymore. The surgery and recovery was easy and fast. PM at any time, I know what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks so much srcr2011. It's the waiting that's killing me.i hate that I don't know when I'm gonna miscarry. It's like a ticking time bomb. If I don't miscarry this week il def be wanting the D&C. Just bleeding now. Feel like my life is on hold(literally) until next Tuesday for my next early pregnancy scan. Just really upset and angry. Have had a really hard few months (brother passed away 8weeks ago) and feel a bit like life is out to get me at the mo :( vent over!!!
  • I know what you mean about waiting. I was waiting and waiting too. It's the worst. They gave me the option of waiting it out as well with the 3rd loss, but like I said, I could not wait anymore. I wanted the D&C. Talk it over with your Dr, but the D&C was the best thing I could have done in a horrible situation. I still bled for a few day but nothing like the natural MCs at all. Life does feel like it's on hold and once the appt day comes, it feels like you waited an eternity. I am so sorry you are angry and upset. I am also so sorry for the loss of your brother. I can't imagine how hard that must be. Feel free to vent here anytime. The ladies are wonderful, nice and offer great words of encouragement.
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• No that was very helpful yurizaba.thanks so much. I just want an idea of what to expect x
  • I started spotting on Wednesday, bleeding without cramping on Thursday, cramping was light to mild with bleeding Thursday night to Friday. Cramping started in earnest on Friday evening. Saturday was by far the worst-heavy bleeding and terrible cramps (but I wasn't able to take anything stronger than ibuprofen because I had to be out of the house, driving around).  As soon as I could take the prescribed percoset and rest, the cramping was bearable again and has continued on and off since then. Bleeding is still going on, but not soaking pads quickly anymore. I was trying to avoid a D&C, only because I still had foolish hope that the baby was going to be fine and I didn't want to take any chances.
  • I know what you mean Islandgirl10. My cramping is starting now and bleeding is heavier. I just want it over so that I can get on with my life. The waiting is so unfair.
  • I was in the exact same position as you, 8 weeks along with baby measuring @ 6. I started having brown spotting on a Friday eve & went to ER where they diagnosed me with a threatened m/c. Over the weekend it turned red and got heavier. Went to OB on Monday where they confirmed no heartbeat. The following night on Tuesday, the bleeding and pain was unbearable. I got terrible pressure down in my abdomen and could barely walk to the toilet. When idatmon the toilet the baby fell out. What nobody warns us of is you essentially are in labor and I wish someone would've warned me. After the m/c I bled for about a week and it stopped. It's been 2 weeks since my m/c and am now waiting for my period. Hope this is helpful
  • Thanks girls. Il let ye know how I get on x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"