July 2014 Moms

first ob appointment

Hi! I'm a first time mom and was just wondering what goes on at the first appointment. Ill be about 7 weeks. Also .. I asked the doctor if it was ok to have sex and she gave me a look like I was crazy. I'm assuming its fine but I'm just paranoid! oral ok as well??

Answers

• I'm confused, you haven't had your first appointment yet, but you've already seen your doctor and asked questions?

Also, why do you think oral sex wouldn't be okay?

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Depends on your doctor.  Sometimes your first appointment will be an u/s or doppler, sometimes it will just be taking a full medical history. 

Sex is normally ok anytime during a healthy pregnancy, but if you are spotting or have any issues, your doctor may advise otherwise.

I see no reason why oral is not ok - though I have heard the PSA that he should not be blowing air up your hoo-ha.  Other than that - go ahead!
    Well that just throws ALL my foreplay out the window.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment now and I'm super nervous. Thanks for posting!
    //

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

::formerly csmith - regular/lurker since Nov13:: 
  • Sex, including oral, is fine. I had some spotting at my first appointment and my midwife said to hold off on sex, but we're all clear now.

At my first appointment, they took about eight vials of blood, did a pap smear, a urine analysis and went over all of my medical history. I went back two days later to make sure my numbers doubled, but to be honest, I'm not sure why. My midwife is my DH's great-aunt, so I don't know if she was just pulling out all the stops for me or if that's a typical appointment for her. You might get an ultrasound at seven weeks.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
  • I had my first o.b. appt at 7w and my doctor went through medical history, did a pelvic exam, pap smear since I was due for one, and a ultrasound just to make me feel better. When the doctor looked at my cervix she found she found some dark brown blood sheassured me everything was prprobably OK but asked me if I wanted an u/s to make me feel better and not worry. So I did and all was OK.
  • I love reading all your responses. Yesterday I had some blood work done to see if my iron was low .. I have been freezing and beyond tired all day everyday. I haven't had any spotting (that's why i'm a little nervous to have sex because i'm afraid that will cause it). I have to confess i'm a big baby when it comes to pain and needles .. i'm hopping that mommy gene kicks in soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"