Success after IF

Just General Freaking Out

My c-section is scheduled for one week from today and I have just been a huge ball of anxiety lately.  

Has anyone else ever gotten real crazy towards the end?  For some reason over the last two days I have been petrified and worrying about things like whether or not he'll be healthy and "normal."  I feel like I spend my nights on the internet reading articles about anything and everything that could go wrong and it is just miserable!  

I think it's stemming from being nervous about having the c-section.  I came across an article saying c-sections were linked to higher autism rates (then of course read another article saying pitocin induced labors can lead to higher autism rates, and went on to read about how basically everything you do can lead to higher autism rates) and I just feel so overwhelmed.  

Then I keep thinking, do I really need a c-section?  Is this baby really going to be *that* much bigger than my others?  

Uh.  He just needs to be here you guys.  I don't know how much more of this I can take!     

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

Re: Just General Freaking Out

• I can totally relate. I did the same thing. Although, in retrospect, I think it was my body going into labor. I FREAKED at the OB just hours before my water broke. I'd never been emotional at my appointments, but started sobbing that something was going to happen to them between the appointment and my scheduled c/s the next week. It was so bad, she even offered to call my MFM to move up the delivery due to the boys' IUGR. I have no idea how long I was actually in labor since I had been having regular contractions for 5 weeks without any dilation, but I really think I knew it was time and that's why I started freaking. And, I also had last minute c/s anxiety. I had been preparing for months, but got so nervous at the very end.

I'm so sorry you are going through this stress, but it's SO close to being over!!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Can I ask why you scheduled a c/s? Does your OB automatically do RCS? If you have any doubts about the necessity of surgery would you ask for a trial of labor? Is it the c/s that is making you anxious or the idea of having 3 children to care for?
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @MoFree they scheduled a c-section for me this time around because of my two previous horrid vaginal deliveries and the fact that this baby has been measuring 3 weeks ahead at all of my growth scans.  My doc is afraid he is going to be too big for me to deliver vaginally given my previous experiences with babies that were not big at all.  

I asked about trying an induction that morning instead at my last appointment and my doctor was all iffy about it.  I see her on Friday so I'm going to ask again.  

It is definitely the c-section that is making me nervous, not the three kids thing.  I think I am also panicking because I have two healthy kids and I'm worried, hoping our last will be just as healthy.  

I'm just really anxious right now!  About everythinggggggg!    

• Ruthie04Ruthie04 member
    edited November 2013
    I don't know if this helps, but my c/s was NO stress. I just hung out in triage until it was time. Then, they took DH to the changing room while they did my spinal block (no big deal at all!). He came back in, we heard two babies cry, he went to the PACU with them, and I joined them after I was all stitches up. So easy. The only issue I had was some mild dizziness that they said was from blood pressure drops. I just told them I started seeing stars and they have me some meds. Also, be prepared for nausea and ask for meds if that becomes an issue.

Honestly, the actual surgery was NBD. It was recovery that was rough. But, I was coming off a hard pregnancy which included a no workout/ no lifting policy and bedrest and I was not in great shape. I asked for an abdominal binder in the hospital, which helped with that the pain from standing (it's the extra skin on your belly and the incision can be a little brutal). Get up and walk as much as you can and stay on top of your pain meds. Also, bring some of those little makeup remover wipes because it'll take awhile before they'll let you shower.

The whole idea of being cut open while awake is pretty terrifying, but it is so routine and can be a great experience for many. HTH!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• I have no advice, but sending lots of hugs and T&P your way. The end of pregnancy is a pretty anxious time. I think you need to talk to your OB Friday about your fears and see what she says. If she has any other suggestions or options.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • @Ruthie that's good to know and that did help, thanks.  Most people I've talked to said their scheduled sections were a breeze - the ones that were rough were the ones where people labored beforehand.  Thankfully I have been very active this pregnancy so I'm hoping my recovery won't be too bad.  

• I think you hit the nail on the head when you said your fears are coming from the c section. You have had reservations about it from the beginning so of course you are going to freak out. Prayers sent your way that baby will be born healthy and small enough to be delivered vaginal safely. Hugs mama. And holy cow that you will be meeting baby soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Totally normal to be nervous! But there is no link k autism to do csection. I had one and honestly there is nothing to be afraid of. I had an emergency csection and I felt nothing not even with the spinal tap. Now if someone asked me I I would want a vaginal birth I would say helllll no! That not sounds scary when that's ill I wanted before. Hang in there your baby will be perfect!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• I think it is completely normal to have anxiety towards the end. I had that too. I was AMA so I was scheduled for induction at 41w. M never descended and my cervix never opened, despite being induced. IN fact, I failed my first induction, went home for 1.5 days, then back to the hospital for a second induction. That didn't work either, but M's heartbeat was decel so I ended up with a c-section. 

Must say that the surgery went well (albeit a very surreal experience), even though I was scared. You'll be fine one way or the other!

HUGS!
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was so anxious at the end too. I think it is very normal. Even my DH was totally anxious and he never gets like that. Try to figure out some fun things to do to take your mind off it. I did a lot of shopping. :)
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• I think it is normal. I had a lot of anxiety about the C-section.  Hugs, Mama!
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Hugs momma! Any surgery is scary, one involving you and your baby is sure to bring some anxiety! If I have something that I'm worried about, I try to remind myself not worry until I actually have something to worry about. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't ;)

Good luck!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • I was completely freaking out before my scheduled c section with K&A. Like you, I was also very scared of the c section. First, step away from Dr. Google. He will not tell you about all of the millions of happy, healthy babies who are born by c section. He just wants you to know about the ones who have issues. You will do great, hon!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • First, step away from Dr. Google. He will not tell you about all of the millions of happy, healthy babies who are born by c section. He just wants you to know about the ones who have issues. You will do great, hon!
    I think I love you.  ;)  

• Getting close to the end makes me as nervous as the beginning.  I'm just a big ball of worry.  Of course, for me it's all about will I make it to the hospital but I would be scared of a c-section as well.  When I know my thoughts are spiraling I try and pull them back in and remind myself that things will work out, even if I'm not quite sure how at the moment.

Try and stay calm, you're almost to the finish line.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Oh yes, a year ago I was right where you are!  I was terrified - 2 healthy kids, will I be so lucky again?  Things went fine, and #3 is so far perfect :)  You will do great!  Good luck!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"