Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

straw cups

DD will only drink out of a straw cup despite repeated attempts to use a traditional sippy. We have tried every brand and I mean every brand. I am just curious if the straw on a consistant basis is ok? I read a lot of conflicting things about this. What are your thoughts.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image

Re: straw cups

• Options
    My daughter loves to drink out of straw cups especially if she sees me or DH doing it too.  I don't see a problem with it at all. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I believe now a days  they recommend the straw cups.  We use the Playtex brand one

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD will only use straw cups. The only issue now is that she never wants to tilt her head back when she tries to drink from a regular cup, but really, I'm pretty sure she'll figure that one out eventually. :)
  • Options

I believe now a days  they recommend the straw cups.  We use the Playtex brand one

This. Except we use Munchkin. :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We're the opposite here. DS won't take a straw cup. I've shown him how to drink out of it but he only wants to play with the straw or tip the cup up like a regular sippy. Any other suggestions on introducing the straw? I probably just need to keep trying but thought I'd jump onto this thread and see if anyone had another suggestion.

• Options
    DS refused to use sippies at all. It wasn't until he got a hold of my iced tea one day that we realized he liked straws.  We use the take n toss cups like @LalaMama81 and we use real straws, too.  I always have a handful of extra straws in my purse or car for when I buy him juice/milk at the grocery store when our errands run long. 
  • Options

This.  They are much better for them as they learn how to use their mouth for speech.  I never offered a traditional sippy.  Just regular straws.  
  • Options
    We use a straw cup all the time.  It is less mess and LO regulates how much she is getting. 
  • Options

This. If your LO likes straws then use those.

• Options
    I don't see the problem with it either but everybody looks at me I had when they see my daughter drinking out of a straw Cup. we to have the same problem with regular that these she doesn't want to tilt your head back and she tries to suck on them like a straw
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"