Stay at Home Moms
Options

2 year olds are jerks...

I had a rough day. Ds is/has dropped his nap and I am just not ready. He is being rotten right now because he is in transition between needing and not needing his nap. I was getting so mad i was shaking today. Ugh. I had no idea a 2 year old could frusterate me so much!

Help me feel better by sharing your trying moments today. 

Also if you have any book recommendations to teach me jow to handle uim while keeping calm I would really apperciate it.
Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 year olds are jerks...

• Options
    I agree! I had a babysitter come for an hour and half tonight just so I could go eat by myself and get a break.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like the Love and Logic series. There is one for early childhood. 

Also, to make your day even better, I'll say that for J. 3 has been much harder than 2. 

Today we started enforcing "ask permission before leaving the table at dinner." Kids are tough. I think we only had to put them back on their chairs 53,5391 times. 

Andplusalso, I've totally been in your shoes of shaking with anger/frustration. (Picture me at the library with a screaming 3 yo, 19 mo, and NB.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry :(  We're not there yet but DD is between needing 1 nap and 2 and it is just miserable most days.  

Highlights of today:  I started feeding her homemade applesauce during dinner and as soon as she tried that she started having full blown meltdowns every time I tried to get her to eat anything else.  Note to self:  applesauce at the end of a meal.  

DD has no interest in toys most of the time so I was sitting on the floor playing with her activity table, trying to make it look fun, while she stood at the coffee table banging on the laptop.  It took an embarrassing amount of time but eventually it worked. 

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    So glad I'm not alone. I foolishly thought reading a blog tonight about a day in the life of another 2 year old would help me. Hahaha no! Why are all blog kids so perfect?  

Going to read your thread now @cnamom
    Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I hear you. DS is often just downright miserable to be around lately. Every day he tests my temper and I am so tired of hearing myself yell that I'm often just not saying a damn thing anymore until I can respond not like a crazy person.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    I flew from FL to VA with my toddler today. Just me and her. On a plane.

End story.
  • Options
    If it makes you feel any better I have a 3yo, which is worse than 2 btw, and twin 2 year olds. Our days are fun ;)

• Options
    I almost started a post yesterday with this title. DS1 it just an asshole to DS2 all.the.time. I don't understand what compels him to step on his hands, knock him over when he's standing, and throw toys at his head. I just want to scream. it helps to know I'm not the only one.

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • Options
    Mine has suddenly decided to show me that he's actually been listening to me all along.  He's starting to exclaim "DAMN IT!" if he's displeased by something, and today he threw up his hands and yelled "JESUS KWIST!!!!"  My mother of the year trophy should be coming back from the engraver any day now.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"