Preemies
Options

Angelcare recall

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage

Pregnancy #1 EDD 1/20/13, D&C for unexplained miscarriage at 12w
Pregnancy #2 EDD 8/28/2013, Carson was born on 6/28/2013 at 31w - spent 37 days in the NICU

Re: Angelcare recall

• Options
    A couple things I don't understand with this...why did it take 2 years from the last death to be recalled?? That's so long!
    But two...if your child is 8months plus, why do you have this in the bed at all knowing there is a cord that can be pulled on? Like I get using this type of monitor while they're super little, can't roll around, grab at stuff etc...but hello you wouldn't have anything else in the crib with a cord once they can move (or ever, but especially once they're moving) so why would this be safe?

And yes I understand it's supposed to be under the mattress, but still, this seems like a no brainier to me. End rant.
  • Options
    @usm123 Were starting to have tangling issues with o2 tubing too! She's not quite rolling over yet, but moves around a lot and grabs at the cords so I know it's not far off...scary!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We considered buying one of these for just that--peace of mind. The only reason we opted not to is because she came home on oxygen and a monitor. Actually were feeling pretty comfortable and haven't had her on the monitor for several days (clearly we still have her on the o2), but she wasn't ever a big speller in the NICU anyway. Kinda glad I didn't get one...scary!!
  • Options
    I have one but I'm not concerned the mat is under the sheet and water proof mattress pad, cords going down and out. No way DS can get to them for a while. I'm praying I won't need it by the time he is to that point.
    On another note, as a tip to those with the O2 and monitor cords like me. We have been running the cords down his back and through the bottom of his onesie and taped to the leg of it if needed. Much easier to keep it untangled.
    5 IUIs and an IVF
    It's all worth it for Baby Boy, born 9/30/13!
    What do you know, Baby Girl just popped up! Due 1/2/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"