July 2013 Moms

Update

mrshudson618mrshudson618 member
edited November 2013 in July 2013 Moms
My midwife told me to go to the ER this morning, so we could have a definitive answer sooner. After five hours, blood and urine tests, external and vaginal ultrasounds, we did not have a definitive answer. My hormone levels were great. The ultrasound showed a baby still there but no heartbeat, but the Dr. said it was quite possible that it was early enough that they just couldn't see it. The Dr. was "worried but optimistic". We were sent home with instructions to get new blood work and another ultrasound in 3-5 days. I had assumed that we had already lost it and a little bit of hope was actually harder to hear, and I cried a little at that.

But then on the way home I started cramping  a little and could tell I was bleeding more. I stopped at my church on the way home because I knew my mom was there in the adoration chapel, and when I stopped in the restroom I passed a large clump and more blood. I found my mom and told her there in the chapel and we cried together for a while. I kept bleeding and passed another clot, so DH called the Dr who treated me at the ER to see if we should come back as the paper said, but he said to just go home and take it easy and as long as the bleeding didn't get worse we should just let nature take its course. It has eased up, so I guess I will just take it easy here at home for a few days and call my midwife for a follow up. 

Thanks for all the T&Ps. It was nice to know there were people there for me, since no one IRL knew yet.  My mom told my sisters and DH told his parents, but a couple of friends texted me tonight, and honestly, I just pretended I didn't get the text because I didn't feel like getting into why I didn't want to hang out. I will tomorrow after some rest.

Thanks again- love you guys.

ETA- I was just estimating my due date, but found out after the ultrasound that it would have been July 6, DS's EDD was July 5. kinda cool.
Married 6/18/11
BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Update

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"