Pregnant after 35
Options

Glad this board exists!

Hey Ladies,

I am a first time Mom to be (sorry, still learning all the acronyms), 38 years old (39 next month). My boyfriend is 37. I was terrified that I wasn't going to be able to get pregnant because of everything I had read and heard from other people. We tried for the first time in October and it worked! We certainly were't expecting for it to happen that fast. I am going with the No Worries approach...I find that helps me keep my sanity. My symptoms have been minimal, so I suppose I should be very thankful. We have had our first Dr. appt and he gave us a due date of July 15/13. First ultrasound is this coming Friday. 
I'm still getting used to the idea of being pregnant, I don't think it has really sunk in yet. 

Happy to have you all to chat with....afterall, we are in a class of our own :)

Re: Glad this board exists!

• Options
    You are my twin :) I am also 38 and due on 07/15/14, with twins :) We had to do ivf do to several complications with endometriosis and some other joyful issues that prevented us until now. We had our first ultrasound yesterday and got to see their little heartbeats and I am already in love <3 Good luck on your ultrasound, we will have to keep in touch with each other.
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    scarlette17scarlette17 member
    edited November 2013

Congratulations!

I guess I make us triplets, ChisB and BJL!  I am 38, turning 39 in less than 2 weeks expecting our first (and probably only) on July 11 after more than 5 years of trying.  Aside from some initial spotting that had me worried, so far I have been feeling great.  No nausea at all, just the odd sleepless night.

I would love to stay in touch with you both! :)

• Options
    congrats and welcome!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Options
    Congrats and welcome to the board! I'm glad things have been easy for you so far!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Lol. I thought the same thing! Twice! I was convinced it would take forever to get prego, and bam! First time both times. My first pregnancy was ridiculously easy. Labor was just over 3 hrs. Natural, no complications other than mildly elevated blood pressure that went away after a few weeks. Hoping for this same this May, when we have #2. Except with no elevated BP!
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome!!!
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! I am also 38, expecting my second around July 29. My due date with my first was July 15 so I will remember your due date!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!! I'm due in March Ill be 36 when DS2 is born. Crazy you have July due dates because I got my BFP in July.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations to you!  The first ultrasound is just amazing...enjoy every minute of it :)
    Me, 41; DH 38; TTC since July 2012, 1st round of Clomid, BFP on 10/19, what an incredible blessing!  M/c on 7w3d; D&C on 11/30; 4th round of Clomid 100mg = BFP on 04/19!!! M/c #2 at 7w; D&C on 5/30, then repeat D&C on 7/1.  Saline u/s on 8/2, uterus looks great!  Will start TTC in 09/13 w/ Clomid 100mg. Surprise natural BFP on 8/25!!! Beta #1=95, #2=182, #3=404!  EDD 5/4/13...Grow baby grow!

• Options
    Thanks everyone. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Options

Congratulations hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!

• Options
    Congratulations! I'm not exactly your twin, but similar in sense that I just turned 39 and got pregnant after only a few months, which surprised the heck out of us! We had to try for six yrs for #2 and #3 only took a few months! We also have a teenager (#1). This group is great for support and knowing we're not alone in our awesomely unique situations! Good luck! :)
  • Options
    Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy! I think the No Worries approach is great. I try to be that way, can't say I am always consistent, though. :)
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"