Pregnant after IF

Enlarged ovaries and pool

Does anyone know if I can go in a pool or beach with enlarged ovaries?

I'm afraid of ovarian torsion.

Where can I read about this? I was already discharged by my RE.

Re: Enlarged ovaries and pool

• I'm not sure of the answer but wondered if you already have an OB lined up that you can ask. Or maybe your RE would let you know if you just sent an email?

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I was told not to go into a pool in the first tri because of the risk to infection. So I have no clue about ovaries but I would at least call someone and ask.
  • Loading the player...
  • if you're planning on swimming like an olympian i'd probably avoid.

but if you're more like me and just stand there i think it should be ok :)

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not sure about the enlarged ovary part, but I asked my OB last week and she said pools, even heated pools, are 100% totally fine.  Obviously avoid hot tubs for all of pregnancy no matter what, but pools are a go.  I also agree with PP that it probably depends on what you're planning to do in the pool.  If it's vigorous exercise, then I might avoid it regardless, but if you're just going to wade then it's probably OK.  I asked because we're going on our yearly ski trip and I obviously won't be skiing so I was praying that I'd at least be OK to go in the pool while I'm sulking inside that I can't ski haha!
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Yeah, I will float around for the most part. I will call OB tommorow. I'm only worried about ovarian torsion... And since ovaries are suspended in liquid...

Anyway, I'll ask :) thank youuuuu
  • I have never been discouraged from swimming during treatment or pregnancy. Even doing laps at a moderate pace is considered fine by the professionals I have seen. I hope your doc gives you the green light :)

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"