3rd Trimester
Options

Not able to do much at 31 weeks.

I've been feeling very overwhelmed and I recently have dizzy spells while standing. My doctor is telling me I need a support band for my stomach because of how the baby is sitting. It explains why I've been feeling dizzy and sick to my stomach as I'm working. (I'm a hairstylist so there's a lot of standing.) I'm losing motivation to work and my energy level hasn't been the same (which I expected but not to this extent) My house is also falling apart and I feel so guilty that I haven't been feeling the greatest and feeling guilty that I haven't been the same wife for my husband. I've always been so excited to make the house look nice and make dinner for when he comes home but I'm having a super hard time finding motivation and drive to keep the house the same. My husband has been so great at helping but does anyone else feel this way? Is it normal? I really want to feel like me again and I'm worried that after the baby is here it will get worse before it gets better. Help?

Re: Not able to do much at 31 weeks.

• Options
    Ya. That sounds normal to me. I felt way anyways.
  • Options
    I'm almost 30 weeks and I already feel so tired too! I feel uncomfortable with everything I wear besides leggings and pjs I wish I could wear them to work! Sometimes when they baby is positioned funny I get shortness of breath and it makes me feel faint which is not fun either. I've felt bad about house chores and not reslly cooking dinner anymore even though my DH has been great about helping out as well and telling me not to worry I can't help but feel guilty and like I should be doing more. I'm sure it probably is normal but I definitely feel the same way. We need to learn how to relax and understand our bodies are not the same we are creating life inside of us and we shouldn't feel guilty about taking it easy these last couple months/weeks

Lilypie - (MlIp)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    feeling the exact same way.  because of the twins i am measuring 36 weeks even though i am 29.  my OB said my body is thinking i am 36 weeks pregnant and behaving as such.  it's so hard!  even loading the dishwasher is a major event for me and i need to rest afterwards.  the house is a hot mess and i just can't get motivated to even finish organizing baby stuff, let alone the rest of the house.  i am majorly overwhelmed. 
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    I have the same issue except I keep having company as everyone wants to help get the nursery ready and I feel I have to clean the house each time they come down. But I can't move after 20 minutes of light work. My DH ends up calming me down because I can't do it all and looking after the housework, the dogs and dinner all while I sit and watch. Your DH will understand that you can't do it all; it is yourself you have to convince. Do what you can to help, sit when you start to hurt and find stuff to do while sitting so you can help out if you must do something to clean.
  • Options
    I Just turned 30 weeks and I'm getting mega uncomfortable, too. My husband and I bought a new house and we're moving in a week and a half! My mom has flown down from the east coast (I live in the Midwest) to help pack and get the new house ready. I feel like I can't do anything...lift, paint, pack, etc. They won't let me do much anyway. I feel rather useless. I feel your pain! Hang in there...we're in the home stretch!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 36 weeks and I feel like my house is constantly a mess no matter what I do. It's ok! I know it's hard to believe, but visitors/ whoever don't care. In fact, if people are coming over, they should offer to do some dishes ;)
  • Options
    You should congratulate yourself that you've kept up working, and at a job where you are on your feet. I have NO idea how women do that! My back has been KILLING me since about week 22! Not to mention pelvic pain and general exhaustion/moodiness. By week 30, I was just totally done (but still had to keep working part-time).

I felt guilty like you too because I have been slacking off with making meals, cleaning, etc. Something that helped me was paying the $100 to get a housecleaner come once a month and mop the floors, clean the bathroom, etc. I'm wondering if you could get some sort of high stool to sit a bit on the job/take breaks, as your job sounds really hard. I also sent out an email to all my friends asking if they could stop by for an hour or so every other week to help me out because I just couldn't keep up. About 1/3 of my friends have been coming over to help with little stuff for me. I don't have a family, so this has really been great.

I'm kind of thinking my life is going to revolve around the baby (it already does to some extent), and that having an expectation that things can just go on as normal is kind of crazy. My husband and I also agreed that we not assess the state of our marriage the first year, because we both think this is going to be a rough year! We're just going to try to enjoy our baby and know eventually we'll enjoy each other again without the exhaustion that goes with pregnancy and having a newborn!
  • Options
    PS...drink lots of water and take iron. It helps with the dizziness!
  • Options
    I'm feeling the same way and there is still a ton to do.... my fiance has taken on the heavy lifting and told me to make lists of projects that I am unable to do. While resting I try to stay productive by doing little things like folding laundry and organizing. I know it can be hard to feel useful but this time is just the calm before the storm so take some much needed R&R and let others do for you.
    For dinner, (if you're able) try making large portions and freezing meals or go to Trader Joes for some easy to make food so you aren't slaving away in the kitchen every night. Lately we have been doing take out, a lot. If you really do want to make dinner for him let him clean up.
    Iron really helps with dizziness and headaches combined it with vitamin C rich foods or supplements and you get added energy. 
    After baby it will take a little while for readjusting but you get the hang of it and get into a routine. Remember don't sweat the small stuff ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"