Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

5 month old swaddle

We've recently been up a lot more at night when we used to sttn. He was breaking out of double swaddle. Now we use the woombie. It's been a life saver. How do I get him over startle reflex to eventually move to being not in the Woombie? He's only rolled once from tummy to back. That was about a month ago. So I need to get him out of it before he decides to roll more.

Re: 5 month old swaddle

• Options
    They are supposed to grow out of that reflex on their own. You can't make them not startle. At 4. The we are pretty much over it. I never swaddled though bc he hated it. Though he hardly startled in the rock n play. You may want advice on how those that swaddled weaned their babies. The reflex is there until it's not.
    Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• Options
    I just recently weaned from the swaddle.  I tried slowly going one arm out and then two, it was kind of a disaster because he kept struggling and the swaddle would fall off and get tangled around him. I even bought a sleep sack to try and do something in between.  He fought them all and pretty much within a week and a half of deciding to wean, I gave up and put him in his PJs and he slept fine.  He still startles now and then, but he's getting used to it.  Depends on if your LO is ready to take a step-wise approach, or maybe just go for it.  Good luck!

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Woombie is a miracle, I used to joke that if the house was burning down that's what I would grab!

We transitioned to the Magic Sleep Suit and then just a Sleep Sack.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"