July 2013 Moms

Chicago Meetup

Alright, mamas. I know we've been talking about a get together for quite some time now. I believe the last conversation was to meet in the 'burbs sometime after Christmas. Does this still work for everyone, or would you guys want to meet up beforehand? I'm tagging the Chicagoland mommies that I can recall at the moment so they see this post. If you know of anyone else, tag away!

@lizabethann06 @missconstrued @laurac122 @aiylin

@livvyx also mentioned a meetup at Lincoln Park Zoo in the summer. We can all celebrate our babies turning 1! :)

Re: Chicago Meetup

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • haha I was so confused why I was being mentioned in this thread! I'm all for a vacation though! I would gladly share a bed with @mermomo5 ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Loading the player...
  • Which suburb works best for everyone? We should probably nail that down, along with a date. 
  • I'm far up north in Round Lake. I'm probably closest to @danigirl7181, hahah!

But I don't mind driving out to meet you lovely ladies.

Where's everyone else coming from?
  • Im in Chicago!! Can I come 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hah. I have a friend who grew up in round lake, and I used to hang out in grayslake all the time!

Haha, yay, you know where that is! People never know where it is, so I usually say close to Six Flags. Everyone knows where Six Flags is.
  • Schaumburg sounds good.

Babies or no babies? I want everyone to be comfortable and have fun. If the babies tend to go nutso in public (mine does), we're in good company, right? Hahah.

I suggested a place called Nibbles Play Cafe in Wheeling last time. It's a mommy/baby meetup kind of place. Figured we definitely wouldn't get side-eyed if the LO's have meltdowns. Just a thought.
  • DS will be okay as long as i bring along the boobs, which he's attached to right now as we fall asleep. What about older siblings?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS will be okay as long as i bring along the boobs, which he's attached to right now as we fall asleep. What about older siblings?

The more, the merrier!
  • I just googled the place, looks like fun.

• I'm on the south side of Chicago. Can I join you ladies?
  • I'm south but I am open to traveling anywhere. This momma is equipped for road trips.

You can usually find me hanging out in the burbs anway (Tinley Park, Orland park). 

Can we set a date? Also, should we bring DH's or no? mine could use some daddy friends not to mention that I like the option of being able to hand of LO to him and have a focus chat with all of  you awesome ladies.

Just throwing that out there. 

imageimage

• There's a place that is similar to the Nibbles place in Naperville it's called Cafe N Play.

I can't seem to find anything in Schaumburg =(

imageimage

• :) yay! Glad to see this up today. I tried to post about it 2 days ago & when I hit "post" my phone went beserk and I haven't been able to get on! Lol. I think the weekend after Christmas was original date someone asked for, but I could be wrong.

I think several of us were westish with West Chicago (me), Naperville, and someone was Plainfield or Romeoville (I think).

Schaumburg would work for me. I'm open to whatever works for majority, but if DH comes then my other kids will come and I won't get much visiting in (DH will end up talking and not helping). I think I prefer the idea of a mommy-baby or mommy only visit the first time and then add in the families in a future meet up. I may be in the minority with having a harder time vsiting if DH is with than alone.

If we want families there are a couple cute play places - several in Wheaton and a new one that looks nice in Naperville.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For the sake of it being our first meetup (that I'm aware of!), let's do mommy/baby or mommy only. I'd love to see and meet everyone's LO's! On the other hand, I totally get being nervous if LO has a meltdown in public and can appreciate a day off to meet other mommies sans baby. I think I will leave that up to the majority. I'm ok with either.

It sounds like Schaumburg is the ideal town to meet up. Let's make that official. 

As for date, do we want to meet up after Christmas/before New Year, or after the New Year? I'll be honest and admit that my social life has been nonexistent so I'm free both weekends after Christmas and New Year. 
  • The weekend after NY works for me. I'm good with whatever we do...babies, no babies, breakfast, lunch, or dinner, doesn't matter to me. Actually I would prefer early afternoon or later, if I have to drive I don't want wake up at the butt crack of dawn to be there. 

• @lizabethann06 @lizabethann6 @aiylin @muffin379 @rosaramos71156 @kitten80

What do you mamas think of the weekend after NY? That would be Saturday 1/4 or Sunday 1/5. Does this weekend for you to meet up?

We'll be meeting up at Schaumburg, potentially at Whole Foods or Woodfield area.

@citrusfamily @mermomo5 @jackson290721 Get your bags ready! ;)
  • Reviving the thread to make sure weekend after NY in Schaumburg works for everyone. That's 3 weeks from this coming weekend. Eek!

So far, it's a go for me, @laurac122, @lizabethann06, and @missconstrued. I believe it also works for @danigirl7181. 

Anyone else interested?
  • I am jealous here in Boston!
    babysizer.com pregnancy ticker

• I'll double check with dh, but should be a go. :)

• Jealous...I am in central wi...a little too far to drive for a playdate ;)  Though since you are all meeting in Schaumburg if you havent been I recommend Medieval Times :)  Check out the hot knights have a few drinks and the food isnt too bad :)
  • Any NW Indiana moms or do I need to suck it up and go to Chicago? I've never driven in Chicago and I'm intimidated. I'm not from here btw.
  • I'm in!! So are LOs coming along? 

• Britnpat said:
    Any NW Indiana moms or do I need to suck it up and go to Chicago? I've never driven in Chicago and I'm intimidated. I'm not from here btw.

Don't be intimidated by Schaumburg , similar to Merrillville mall area
  • Sounds good to me. Are LO's invited?
  • NKF312 said:

Britnpat said:

Any NW Indiana moms or do I need to suck it up and go to Chicago? I've never driven in Chicago and I'm intimidated. I'm not from here btw.

Don't be intimidated by Schaumburg , similar to Merrillville mall area

Oh well now I sound like a wimp and didnt even know it. Lol, I'm in.
  • Awesome! Yes, bring your LO!

So the meetup is Saturday, January 4th at Schaumburg. We discussed meeting at the Whole Foods in Schaumburg. We can keep it very casual and meet at the food court area. Is everyone ok with this or would you prefer a sit down/reservation kind of place? Let me know so I can start looking for baby friendly restaurants that will take a big group.

Also....time. What time works best for everyone? I know weekends with the family are important so I'm thinking late morning/early afternoon, that way we still have the rest of the day to spend with family. And we have mamas coming from WI and IN so we don't want to make it too early since we have to factor in their commute.

How does 12 sound?
  • 12 sounds great to me. I'm going to find a babysitter for DD. Having only one kid along will be much easier, I'll actually be able to talk. 

• 12 sounds great! Jack is going to stay home with DH this time around so that I will actually be able to talk lol. If we ever do a meetup at a play place, I will bring him with.
    I'll bring DD next time too, then they can play  :)

• So how many of us are there going to be? 

• So how many of us are there going to be? 

5 mamas with LO's for sure. Me, you, Liz, Laura, and MissConstrued.

There were others who said they are coming, so it could be more. We'll get a final head count when the date gets closer.

Only 2 weeks after this weekend! Yay!
  • @chiboo9 can you PM me the address, I looked it up but I want to make sure it's the right place. 

• Jealous...I am in central wi...a little too far to drive for a playdate ;)  Though since you are all meeting in Schaumburg if you havent been I recommend Medieval Times :)  Check out the hot knights have a few drinks and the food isnt too bad :)
    Boo on central WI. Nothing ever happens here! haha
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • Ah man. I thought it was this weekend and hunted down internet access to get the details. DH actually said he wanted to take big kids sledding and I couldn't believe it was working out easy peasy. Another week to wait. And no etoille? Bummer.

I have never been to Schaumburg's Whole Foods - off to google location.

• For those that confirmed they are going, YGPM! If I missed you, PM me for details.

Meetup is next Saturday 1/4. Location has changed. 

• I'm jealoussssssssssss :(

imageimageimage

• @Dani428 Come visit that weekend! You and Charlotte can stay at my place!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"