Multiples
Options

Contractions?

So I went to l&d last night because I was having contractions every 8 minutes for about 4 hours. When I got there they were every 5 minutes. They gave me Iv fluids and it helped space them out more but they have still been pretty regular. They checked my cervix twice and I'm not dilated so they sent me home which is great. My contractions are pretty regur again maybe every 6 minutes but they aren't very painful just kind of hard to breath. The dr basically told me I would know when I'm in active labor because they would start getting painful and closer together. So basically just waiting to see what happens. Could this be a precursor to labor? Or could it just be regular Braxton hicks. I'm not sure what to think but just playing the waiting game. I'll be 34 weeks on Monday.
Type 1 Diabetic, Hashimotos, RA. Its twins!!!!  EDD 1/6/2014 Di/di b/g twins.

Re: Contractions?

• Options
    Could be irritable uterus, but it could also definitely be the start of labor.  Just keep an eye on it and call your OB if there are any changes.  Lie on your left side an drink a LOT of water.  If that doesn't help then it's probably not BH. 
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Options
    Thanks!! I googled irritable uterus and I think it might be that, the contractions are still going on two days later but havent really gotten too painful (except at night sometimes) and they arent getting closer than 5 minutes so I'm assuming it's not the real thing.  Its just annoying! lol
    Type 1 Diabetic, Hashimotos, RA. Its twins!!!!  EDD 1/6/2014 Di/di b/g twins.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started having BH contractions at 14w and had them all day (40-60 a day), every day until I delivered. I had a truly pissed off/irritable uterus! It was nerve wracking and there were many midnight trips to L&D. It was a nerve wracking PG for me but I made it to my induction at 38w1d and was only 1cm dilated when I went in so it's entirely possible to have non-productive contractions the whole time!

My contractions started getting longer (up to 6-7 minutes long) and more painful around 30/32 weeks but still, they really didn't affect my cervix.

Hang in there but be sure to keep an eye on them. If you don't feel right or you feel they're ramping up or getting more painful, head on in. Better safe than sorry! Good luck!
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"