Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

period-like cramps 2 weeks after miscarriage?

I finally naturally miscarried 2 weeks ago. (2 weeks after being told the baby was gone).

My blood draw dropped from 8,850 before the miscarriage to 169 the week after (which was last week). Next blood draw is on Tuesday.

This may be more readable:
Oct 31 - told baby was gone
Nov 12 - blood draw 8,850, naturally miscarried that evening, spotting stopped a few days later
Nov 19 - blood draw 169

But I'm now having some light cramps, feels like pre-period cramps. I surely could not be ovulating again yet I wouldn't think (levels need to be in the single-digits I thought?), and I don't recall ever having ovulation cramps before.  
So could the actual miscarriage be still going on almost 2 weeks later, with all this time with zero spotting/bleeding?

** siggy warning **
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: period-like cramps 2 weeks after miscarriage?

• Options
    E&B0811E&B0811 member
    edited November 2013
    I am so sorry for your loss. I experienced something similar after my first loss at 10w. I had a d&c and was still turning frer HPTs positive 3 weeks after. At about 2 weeks post d&c I had the strongest O pains that I have ever had - it totally felt like an AF type cramp. I called my doctor and she said that I was probably ovulating and that it was totally possible to O even with low levels of hcg in your system. Sure enough, two weeks later (and only one week after getting a negative hpt) AF arrived.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss ((hugs))

ETA - hit post too soon.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• Options
    My dates of loss are exact to yours, naturally m/c on the 12th. I feel since yesterday some ovulation pains which I've heard is normal. I'm just letting my body do what I know it needs to do naturally
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was having bad O pains yesterday too..  I feel like I'm O also... it seems crazy to me.. 

Come on Sticky baby!!
    EDD 6/30/2016
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD: 2/26/11  BORN: 2/15/2011

EDD: 2/23/2014  M/C 6/18/2013
    EDD 6/25/2014  M/C 11/8/2013
    M/C 4/20/2014
    M/C 6/22/2014

Our Z
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Check out my Blog:
    http://gomommy-meandmyboys.blogspot.com/

• Options
    After one of my miscarriages last year ovulated 12 days after (was still turning tests +) and AF showed up 6 days after that.  Shortest LP I've ever had, but after a loss I figured it would be weird anyways.  It's definitely possible. 

That being said, after my d&c in June of this year I had absolutely no bleeding, no spotting, nothing until just shy of 2 weeks later.  It just took my body that long to do it's thing.  It was not AF, it was bleeding/spotting from the loss. 

So really anything is possible.  I wish I had some more info to give you, but all I have is personal experience.  Good luck.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    It is normal that you are bleeding/spotting and/or cramping this long. It can go on for a lot longer based on what my doctor told me. So sorry for your loss, hope the cramping stops soon. That is a horrible symptom that I hated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"