Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY: Favorite Christmas Movie

A Christmas Story! Hands down my all time favorite!

tongue (345) Animated Gif on Giphy

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0e004fc06de8560c7b08afd8da184426/tumblr_inline_mxveimFLAn1s4d130.gif
                                                                         Me: 28  H: 28  DS: 4
[TTC Since October 2013] [ BFP 1.27.15  EDD: 10.8.15]
I WEAR ORANGE FOR MY GRANDMA- SUPPORT KIDNEY CANCER AWARENESS
Trinitrotoluene: "My ears have been deflowered
....my mouth just hasn't been!"

BabyFruit Ticker 
                                    BabyFetus Ticker

Re: GTKY: Favorite Christmas Movie

• Options
    It's A Wonderful Life :)
    photo c9f20a08-e61b-4141-972e-d243ea91d7a9.jpg
  • Options
    The Year Without Santa Claus. Snow miser and heat miser and the best haha.
    Diagnosed with PCOS June 2010
    Married September 2010
    TTC August 2013
    BFP #1 05/12/2014 - EDD 01/11/2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG, I have never heard of Dolly Parton's Christmas!

I'm a fan of all Christmas movies I watched as a kid, especially the claymation. I also love Christmas with the Kranks and Christmas Vacation.
    imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • Options
    Tough question! I love Home Alone, The Santa Clause, Family Stone, It's a Wonderful Life... those are probably my top faves!

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP: 6/4/14       EDD: 2/11/15
  • Options
    Another vote for Love Actually!

• Options
    It's not Christmas until I have watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - but the very badly French translated version.
  • Options
    Elf!! I also love 'The Family Stone' with Diane Keaton and Sara Jessica Parker. It's kinda sad though.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Options
    nyg2042nyg2042 member
    edited November 2013
    Christmas movies are the best.  Love Actually is hands down my favorite - but I have a long list that I must watch every year.

Also - The Family Stone has sentimental value to me because it was filmed on my college campus when I was a freshman!

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

• Options
    I love Christmas Vacation and Christmas Story. I also love all the claymation movies as well. We have all of them and will watch them sporadically. I'm always surprised by the intolerance displayed by Santa in Rudolph. Let him be a GD dentist if he wants to! Also, all those misfit toys are always welcome at my house. We often compare ourselves to the island of misfit toys anyways.
  • Options
    White Christmas. Anyone who doesn't crack a smile when Bing and Kaye perform "Sisters" has no heart.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    In no particular order:
    ~Elf
    ~Home Alone
    ~Christmas Vacation
    ~Gremlins
    ~Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Options

I LOVE Elf!

My husband almost keeled over when I told him I had never watched A Chrsitmas Story before. He went and bought it lol, made me watch it.

I also just told him the other day I had never even HEARD of Its a Wonderful Life and he seriously asked me "who ARE you?!" I think we are going to rent that one this weekend while putting up the decorations.

Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    elektragreenelektragreen member
    edited November 2013
    DH and I watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Love Actually, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and the Muppet Movie every year. We spend all day curled up on the couch watching movies. 

ETA: I've never seen It's A Wonderful Life, but I've always wanted to. Maybe I should get it for this year.
    Married June 2012
    DH: 31 Me: 30 dx PCOS 2001
    Surprise BFP 12/8/13 EDD 8/14/14
    Stroke: 3/15/14 dx expressive aphasia: had to relearn how to communicate
    Charlotte Joy Born 8/9/14

• Options
    My mother an I use to always watch White Christmas, I loved it but haven't watched it since she died.

I can't go a Christmas morning without the back to back all day watching of A Christmas Story ..... It's not Christmas with out that, monkey bread, and Mimosas.

Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    IvyMagic828IvyMagic828 member
    edited November 2013
    Ahh, so many!

Home Alone!
    White Christmas!
    Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer! (claymation version, of course)
    Muppet Christmas Carol!
    Elf!

I've never seen Love Actually but I want to check it out this year...

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EmeJayEmeJay member
    edited November 2013
    Also - My sister and I  watch The Lion King every Christmas morning. It's our tradition.

We sing the song like mad women while drinking spiked cofee.
  • Options
    It's a Wonderful Life. My family watches it every year the weekend before Christmas. 
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• Options
    The Grinch is my jam! Original cartoon version of course.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Little O- 2/25/12
    BFP 2/28/14 MMC 14W2D D&C 5/07/14

• Options
    Every year on Christmas Eve my family watches It's a Wonderful Life and another Christmas movie. When I was like 15, I told my mom I HATED that movie because it was boring and old, and I went to bed early to avoid it.  She cried. A whole lot. It was her family tradition that she created with my dad on their first Christmas together, and I totally destroyed her feelings. With my first paycheck from my first job, I bought her a George Bailey doll.  Apology was accepted, and from then on, I would sit next to my mom on the couch while the movie was playing- I would read a book, though.

Since being married, I have kept the tradition of watching Christmas movies on Christmas Eve, but we picked Muppet Christmas Carol as our staple.
  • Options

It's a Wonderful Life, then A Christmas Story.

I also love Meet Me in St. Louis @dorothyzbornak97.

I love old movies and musicals...but I wasn't impressed with White Christmas.  I think there was too much build up over the years and when I finally saw it it didn't meet expectations.

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    Hands down, my favourite movie that I must watch every year, A Christmas Story!

Runner up would be Polar Express.
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto A Christmas Story. But NLCV is a CLOSE second
  • Options

I can't go a Christmas morning without the back to back all day watching of A Christmas Story ..... It's not Christmas with out that, monkey bread, and Mimosas.

I think I love you.
    We have monkey bread and mimosas for breakfast, then watch a Christmas Story.

Dx: Endometriosis (2010), PCOS (2013)

TTC since 8/2012

BFP 3/9/2014  Femara 7mg + trigger. EDD 11/20/2014

http://amycookiemonster.blogspot.com

• Options
    Four Christmases, The Grinch (animated and the Jim Carey one), Jack Frost, LOVE the Family Stone. BTW Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer comes on tomm on CBS and Frosty comes on Friday

Anniversary 

• Options

The Grinch (I refuse to watch the Jim Carey one), Elf, Charlie Brown's Christmas, Love Actually, and has anyone else seen Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas?  It's a Jim Henson special and I loooove it.

• Options

School ruined Christmas Story for me. After watching it in every class for 6 years in a row it just makes you burnt out.

My favorite movies are It's a Wonderful Life, Elf, Grinch, all the old classics, Polar Express.... How do I pick a favorite? I suck at this game! You have no idea how happy I am when the 25 days of Christmas starts on ABC Family. It is like my Super Bowl!

• Options
    nikiz628nikiz628 member
    edited November 2013
    We always watch the 24 hour marathon of A Christmas Story. It just isn't Christmas without it! Also, do not watch A Christmas Story 2, its not worth the time.

I also love Elf, Polar Express, Christmas vacation, all the clay-mation classics, and this year I have been sucked in to the Hallmark channel movies. Poor DH is probably so tired of it being on every night after dinner!

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0e004fc06de8560c7b08afd8da184426/tumblr_inline_mxveimFLAn1s4d130.gif
                                                                             Me: 28  H: 28  DS: 4
    [TTC Since October 2013] [ BFP 1.27.15  EDD: 10.8.15]
    I WEAR ORANGE FOR MY GRANDMA- SUPPORT KIDNEY CANCER AWARENESS
    Trinitrotoluene: "My ears have been deflowered
....my mouth just hasn't been!"

BabyFruit Ticker 
                                        BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    SicheyanneSicheyanne member
    edited November 2013
    This is way too hard...
    Elf
    The Grinch (Jim Carrey Version)
    White Christmas
    The Nightmare Before Christmas
    All the old classic claymation movies
    In no particular order...

My hubby and I also watch a Christmas movie every day leading up to Christmas.
    BabyFruit Ticker

image imageimage
    Married Since December 1st, 2012
    BFP#1 January 21st, 2014  
    EDD September 23rd, 2014

Air Force Wife, Oboist, Book Lover
    God's timing is perfect! 

• Options
    Not only is "It's a Wonderful Life" my favorite Christmas movie, but right here is my favorite frame from it!   I watch the whole damn movie every year just to get to the part where George Bailey runs around all of Bedford Falls celebrating his life.

TEACHER*ANIMAL LOVER*BOOK ENTHUSIAST*TRAVEL DREAMER
    married since July 2009, TTC since May 2013, BFP April 5, 2014! 
    IT'S A BOY!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
    image   gifs leonardo dicaprio romeo + juliet
    Summer Dog/Winter Dog    D14 AUG. SIGGY CHALLENGE: TEEN CRUSH- LEO

• Options

I don't event know where to start- let alone pick a favorite! Geez, um... All the classics, Frosty, Rudoph, grinch (Jim Carey one is great too!) Christmas Story...

We always curl up with the Polar Express these days, the Elf on the Shelf is super cute. That's all I can think of- we're in Christmas avoidance mode til Friday. :)

This! I love Christmas movies and the newer one with Jim Carey A Christmas carol! I've been watching all the made for tv Christmas movies on Netflix!
    imageimage
    Emery January 1, 2010
    Alayna December 15, 2011
    Angel baby #1 December 1, 2013 4wks 2 days
    Angel baby #2 February 2, 2014 8 wks
    TTC on Hold
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"