Babies: 0 - 3 Months

HELP!! Formula recommendations needed...

Hey Ladies!

I am trying to find any recommendations for a good formula for my little guy.  He has acid reflux and I'm trying to see which formula will work best for him. I have been breast feeding but my milk has slowed down again.  The problem is, I go back to work on Monday and so he will need something for when we are apart.  I still plan to provide him with my milk, but I Know that it is not enough.  Any recommendations?  He's 8 weeks with acid reflux.  Thanks in advance!!

-Chelsea

Re: HELP!! Formula recommendations needed...

• Similar sensitive....or any other sensitive of another brand.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would talk to your pediatrician, but we switched to Enfamil Gentlease and see a huge difference!
    -Jenn Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS1 had acid reflux, and we supplemented with formula. Our ped recommended soy formula for bf babies. In her experience, it was the easiest for bf babies to digest. I would ask your ped what he/she recommends.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • This is something probably want to run by your doctor to see if you should be choosing anything other than "regular" i.e. gentle, soy, etc.  But, whatever version you end up needing, do your wallet a massive favor and buy a store brand.  They're just as safe and just as healthy and you will pay a ton less.  We use Target sensitive and it's just as good as the name brand we started with :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• We use Earths Best sensitive and it works for us, plus it doesn't stink. I've heard good things about enfamil formula as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • This is definitely a question for your pedi. We use similac advance but again, I would ask my pedi before giving my LO any formula.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Whatever you choose, it may take a few to find the right one. I recommend going on the different formula company's website (like similac.com) and most have a sign up process. This gets you some free formula and coupons.

My LO has acid reflux and is on similac alimentum - it's a great formula but I wouldn't start there.
  • DD had reflux when she was born until about 9 months and was on zantac for that.  we used Similac and she was fine.  all babies are different so it might be a trial and error with your LO.  I am doing the same with DS right now.  Breastfeeding and supplementing with Similac.  its working with him too so far.
  • I would ask your pedi, ours also had samples to try which helped us find one that worked.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"