March 2013 Moms

FFFC

egb+jafegb+jaf member
edited November 2013 in March 2013 Moms
We're doing so good reviving the board a little, let's keep it up :)

My confession is that my dd already has a super flat pillow in her crib ONLY because she got so used to lounging around on pillows when we co slept (she will literally roll to lay horizontally on the wall just to get on a pillow) it's the only way she'll sleep for more than 30 minutes in the crib. Plus her crib is right beside my bed which make me feel better. Very flame worthy, I know but we're just all trying to get some sleep

Re: FFFC

• Mine is before LO could even roll around (let alone try to pull himself up like he does) I put him in his playpen so I could go grab a package that was in our mailbox cause it was too heavy and awkward to carry both and I was too impatient to wait for DH to get home.
  • Sorry in advance that this is long...

SIL is going to have a baby at the end of this month and I'm trying really hard not to bombard her with advice because I remember how annoyed I got with everyone putting in their 2 cents.  But OMG, the girl is downright clueless.  She didn't know what a changing pad was, did not know that crib bumpers are unsafe (she just wanted one because it's cute), did not realize that she will have to nurse her newborn every couple hours around the clock in the beginning.  I am not trying to be all "sanctimommy" because I'm totally learning as I go (aren't we all?), but I feel like she should at least do a little research on the basics.  Her and her husband are also talking about going on a ski trip when the baby is 8 weeks old.  She wanted to take the baby and hire random babysitters when they went out to ski but her husband nixed that idea so now they are just planning to leave the baby at home with a grandparent, I guess.  I can't help but side-eye a mom who would leave her 8 week old to go on vacation.  I was a wreck just leaving my baby for the day to go to work.  I can't imagine going across the country for a week.  Sorry for the long vent!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine is before LO could even roll around (let alone try to pull himself up like he does) I put him in his playpen so I could go grab a package that was in our mailbox cause it was too heavy and awkward to carry both and I was too impatient to wait for DH to get home.

Girlfriend, if this is your confession you're worried will be flamed i'd say you may be in the running for mom of the year! No flames here :)
  • HOLL1WOOD said:

Sorry in advance that this is long...

SIL is going to have a baby at the end of this month and I'm trying really hard not to bombard her with advice because I remember how annoyed I got with everyone putting in their 2 cents.  But OMG, the girl is downright clueless.  She didn't know what a changing pad was, did not know that crib bumpers are unsafe (she just wanted one because it's cute), did not realize that she will have to nurse her newborn every couple hours around the clock in the beginning.  I am not trying to be all "sanctimommy" because I'm totally learning as I go (aren't we all?), but I feel like she should at least do a little research on the basics.  Her and her husband are also talking about going on a ski trip when the baby is 8 weeks old.  She wanted to take the baby and hire random babysitters when they went out to ski but her husband nixed that idea so now they are just planning to leave the baby at home with a grandparent, I guess.  I can't help but side-eye a mom who would leave her 8 week old to go on vacation.  I was a wreck just leaving my baby for the day to go to work.  I can't imagine going across the country for a week.  Sorry for the long vent!!

Forreal though. I'd side eye it too. What pregnant lady doesn't go crazy and google all these things?? jmo.

• Our kiddo's favorite "toy of the moment" are plastic bags. OF COURSE we make sure he doesn't put it near his face and take it away when we're not watching him. He loves to rumple them for the sound. Tissue paper too (probably a safer option, but it's usually colored and he ends up munching on it and getting the dye everywhere).
  • Sometimes I just let DD crawl around our room while I do some work. I keep an eye on her, but as long as she's not doing anything dangerous, I leave her be while I catch up on some emails/projects.
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • kk1160 said:
    Our kiddo's favorite "toy of the moment" are plastic bags. OF COURSE we make sure he doesn't put it near his face and take it away when we're not watching him. He loves to rumple them for the sound. Tissue paper too (probably a safer option, but it's usually colored and he ends up munching on it and getting the dye everywhere).
    LOL.  I am totally with you on the "toy".  DS just loves crinkling them in his hands.  I figure I am watching him so what's the worry.  Of course I also let him play with a pen because it was keeping him content.  DH almost had a cow when he saw that and went on and on about how dangerous it was.  I was watching him while he was chewing on it so I figured it wasn't all that bad.

;

• The other day I was changing DD's diaper and when I finished putting coconut oil on her bottom I still had some on my hand. Our house has been really dry with the heaters going and my lips are chapped and, well, her bum was clean when I put the oil on there... I put the left over oil on my lips. I know, I'm totally gross.

• egb+jaf said:
    My confession is that my dd already has a super flat pillow in her crib ONLY because she got so used to lounging around on pillows when we co slept (she will literally roll to lay horizontally on the wall just to get on a pillow) it's the only way she'll sleep for more than 30 minutes in the crib. Plus her crib is right beside my bed which make me feel better. Very flame worthy, I know but we're just all trying to get some sleep
    I remember giving my DD2 a pillow earlier than was "allowed". I gave her one of MY flat pillows with a pillowcase I would switch out each night so it smelled like me. I think she was about a year old at the time, but still "too early".

As for my confession: I regularly leave my 5 year old in charge of her brother while I take a shower. She does keep him in his babyproofed room and I can hear when he's screaming/crying from the shower, but if I don't hear screaming, I do tend to linger and enjoy the hot water.
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Most days I beg my two year old to nap, not because she needs to..but because I need a break sometimes. My 8 month old isn't on the same schedule as her, wish they were.
  • I have two older kids who I let get up and get themselves ready and walk out to the bus while I either nurse the baby or say that I am so I can go back to sleep. They are 9 and 5. But if it's a morning that dad is home I make him get up with then the whole time lol. I do have an older girl meet them at the bus stop so I'm not worried about that. And I pay the oldest one an extra dollar each week to help get the youngest ready for me...I've never told dad how our mornings work either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"