Baby Showers
Options

Great baby shower activity!

Just kidding!! Saw this on Project Nursery while scrolling on FB.

Everyone writes a funny, sweet or inspirational message for parents on a diaper that they can read during 2am changes.

Their joking right? Lmao...I don't have kids (yet) but your really going to read back of a diaper? :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
     image   imageimage

Re: Great baby shower activity!

• Options
    Actually, we just did this activity at my sister's shower last weekend while she opened her gifts.  I'm sick of present bingo, I hate being put on the spot to write advice for mommy, guess the candy bar in the soiled diaper and the flavor of the baby food are gross, word scrambles are boring, and with 75 or so guests, there is no way we could've orchestrated decorate a onesie and it would've cost a fortune and been WAY too many onesies for her to ever use.  At least with this, she got diapers out of it that she will use and nobody was forced to try and give insightful advice on the spot, they could just write "wake up daddy!" or "ew!" if they wanted.  She got a lot of sweet things from the grandmas and great aunts and silly things from the cousins and friends.  I'm just hoping that the sharpie doesn't rub off on clothing, that is a fear!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I think it's a little weird, but I have never been to a baby shower where there were games, so the whole idea is kind of odd to me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's a little weird, but I have never been to a baby shower where there were games, so the whole idea is kind of odd to me.
    This for me also. I think all the games are lame.
  • Options
    nah82nah82 member
    edited November 2013
    Joy2611 said:

Meh, I like classy games. 

My sister in law's shower was a few weeks ago.  We did bridal bingo and the prizes were scratch tickets (I won $40!).  My mother in law really wanted to do message on a diaper thing and I just didn't get it.  If my kid is crying with a wet diaper at 2am, the chances of me reading the diaper and thinking "Aw, how sweet!" before putting it on my kid are basically nil.  But, maybe that's just me.

Love the idea of scratch off lotto tickets for prizes!  I don't really expect her to be reading the diapers in the middle of the night, but she will probably read them while putting them into the diaper hanger as she gets her nursery ready.  After that, eh, free diapers!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I may be in the minority here, but I think it's a cute idea.  It's no different from advice books/cards and it has the bonus of being something MTB will use.  And it's SO much better than asking the guests to bring diapers for a lame-ass, tacky raffle.

ETA:  After getting up for the fifth time in as many hours with my twins, I wouldn't mind having something funny/inspirational to read in the middle of the night!

Like I said I don't have kids so if/when I do maybe I will change my mind on this :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Am I the only one who does night time diaper changes by nightlight only? Who turns on the lights bright enough to read anything during a nighttime diaper change? My LO would be up for an hour if I did that.
    Hell, I don't even open both my eyes most of the time, forget turning on a light.
  • Options
    I do it by nightlight too. I'm also not classy enough to use a diaper hanger, though one came with my crib bedding. Who has time to continually put 1-2 days worth of diapers in that thing?
    I always used my diaper hanger with #1 since the top of the dresser was only big enough for the changing pad and the top drawer of the dresser was full of other things, I needed to have them there in reaching distance because I would never remember to grab them out of the closet before I already had him onto the changing table and stripped down.  With #2, forget the diaper hanger and the changing pad, I was changing them both in my room on my bed and have the diapers on my night stand.
  • Options
    My SILs did this at my shower. It was cute, but the marker ran and rubbed off on LOs legs and onesies, but it didn't permanently stain.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They did this at my shower and I did look at them.  Some of them were a riot!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"