January 2013 Moms

Sleep Association (Bottle)

Hopefully I won't get shunned for this. But I have made the mistake by letting DS fall asleep at the bottle for too long. Now we have a trained night feeder that wakes up 4 times a night and won't fall asleep without having a bottle. I have learned my lesson! I have no idea how to start breaking this habit. My pediatrician wants him completely off the bottle by his 1 year appointment. I have tried substituting the bottle with a pacifier and lessening the amount of formula in bottles at night. Which had worked for a couple of days but then he started to wake up more during the night. I am not sure how to proceed. I've skimmed through the Ferber book but he only mentioned the bottle sleep association in dim details (maybe I should actually read it). Has anyone had any experience with this and how did you tackle this situation? I was also wondering if rocking to sleep would be a good alternative to the bottle feedings?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image

Re: Sleep Association (Bottle)

• Same problem, no answers. Following. :)

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • Good luck to you all as well. Thank you for replying so soon. @teds1chic I tried doing the CIO method also a couple weeks ago but I don't think it is for us. I couldn't take 15 minutes of crying  :-S Good luck to you though. Maybe it'll work for you guys! 

I've been researching solutions but not many are out there. I;ve heard about the No Cry Sleep Solution being a good read but I couldn't find the book at the library. I'll probably have to order it although I was hoping I wouldn't have to.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Most libraries will order a book for you if you ask at no cost to you. Just FYI.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • If you don't have time to read the book, listen to these webinars.  It really helped me to sleep train my twins!

Listen to August 6 (Ferber) and April 16 (Sleep Associations)
  • We're having this problem too, and are attempting CIO. Wish us luck. I hate letting him cry.. :/

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• DD was like that with nursing until about 2 months ago. She went from 4 to 3 feedings, 3 to 2 and now she sleeps about 6PM-6AM. 

I started rocking her with a paci instead of feeding her, then just leaving her in the crib instead of picking her up and giving the paci, and now she sleeps through most nights. If she wakes up she usually just needs the paci now.
  • Mine STTN, but needs the bottle to get there. He stopped taking the paci about 3 months ago.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Our pedi actually encouraged this, still. I was just asking him about introducing a sippy in general (nothing to do with bedtime), and he said the bedtime bottle is a comforting, bonding thing with baby -- and at some point, like around 15 months, that bedtime bottle would eventually transition over to a bedtime story. But, for now, to not sweat it at all. 
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"