Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Skin peeling

Baby girl's skin is so dry it's peeling. She's a little over a week old. To lotion or not to lotion? Thank you :)
Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.

Re: Skin peeling

• It's totally normal, and unlikely sure to dryness. No lotion.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Okay. Thank you :)
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! ;;)
  • I used a dab of Vaseline as recommended by my OB and it worked wonders!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Md told me it is their birth layer shedding. We lotioned after his 2 baths the first week- totally went away around 10+ days old
  • Just like PPs said, totally normal, and lotion or not, the peeling will go away on its own!! :) 
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • At my 2 week appt I asked my pediatrician and he said it was fine to use lotion. I used a dab and it cleared up right away. She didn't seem to mind and she did not have any reaction. All babies and humans are different, but it worked for me. Doc said to wait after 2 weeks though. Good luck!
  • We didn't use anything, as recommended by our pediatrician.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The nurses in the hospital said no lotions and I didn't think anything of it & she started to peel after her first ped apt so I never asked obviously. But I've just let it go and seems to be getting better :) thanks everyone.
  • Our nurse said no lotion until he is about a month old. Totally normal and the skin needs to "learn" how to produce its own moisture. I started him on lotion after baths only last week and his skin is back to as smooth as it was at birth.
    TTC since October 22, 2012
    BFP January 11, 2013
    Kellan James Patrick was born September 28, 2013
  • Just to clarify my post- we were told no lotions were necessary, but our hospital gave us j&j lotion and said it was ok to use for little baby massages after baths.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"