December 2012 Moms

Food Questions

Our LO is basically still eating 90% baby food, three times a day for "meals". She eats some smashed up bananas, yogurt melts, and drinks a small amount of apple juice, other then that, 90% baby food plus of course her formula! Our pediatrician's recommendation was "food before one is just for fun" and that formula was to be her main source of nutrition. As we are about to hit the one year mark, I am curious how others are introducing more food.  I know some LO's have been eating what you are making and some have been doing BLW but for those that have been mainly formula, breast milk, and baby food, what do you plan on trying first? Do you plan on transitioning to milk at the same time as introducing new foods? Thanks!!

Re: Food Questions

• Morgan has been eating mostly what we eat for a few months now.  She only gets "baby food" cereal in the morning with yogurt and toast.  We started her on whole milk 2 weeks ago, 3 oz formula to 1 oz milk.  We just started doing 2:2 this week and she's doing really good with it.  We started with soft foods, pastas, fresh fruit, etc... when we introduced food.  She loves grilled cheese and mandarin oranges.  

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• We're at the same place you are...baby food and formula. Oh, and baby crunchies.

The last two weekends I've made baby food purées, but have left them more chunky than normal. I'm hoping it'll be a good step towards dealing with her not liking the texture of most things. Like loves carrots in a purée, but straight steamed carrots, not so much.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • we've just been giving her whatever we eat. And it's forcing us to eath healthy. She loves pretty much everything. There are weeks where she'll stop eating something or not want breakfast but for the most part she does great.
    She loves beans or any kind. Black, green, pinto, garbonzo, lintels, etc.
    Chicken, beef, fish, crab. Fruits, veggies. humus, so much! we skipped purees all together. but we do once in a while give her the pouch foods that she can eat on her own. Sometimes those are nice when I'm trying to get other food cooked.

Just really watch the salt.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"