1st Trimester
Options

Calling any nurses !

So we just found out the my MIL has been in the hospital for the last 4 days. No one knows what she has but she just came back from Mexico so a tropical disease is suspected, no diagnosis yet and she is very ill. No one in the family told us bc they were afraid we would go visit her and since Im PG , possibly take some germs home from the hospital. Well of course when DH found out he hopped in the car to go see her. Since they have no diagnosis some nurses are treating her as if shes quarantine and some are not, there is no quarantine signage on her door.

Im now freaked out about DH bringing what she has home ! I wanted to tell him not to go but that would be so selfish of me, of course he needs to go see her. How do I handle him going to see her? Get him to strip at the door and keep his shoes outside??
How do you handle patients at work in similar situations being PG ?

IAmPregnant Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
All our babies :) xoxox

Re: Calling any nurses !

• Options
    I work in the ER of a very large trauma hospital and never know what is coming through the door or what my patients may have. I wash my hands and wear gloves. My shoes come inside with me, I sit around in my scrubs for an hour or so. If she need to be isolated she would be and if there were precautions they would be posted.
  • Options
    If she was infectious she would be in an isolation room with the correct signage indicated at the door. I still nurse infectious patients I just use the correct gowns, gloves, goggles etc.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

As what the other posts above, if she is in isolation, even your husband can't go inside her room, unless he's in overall protective clothing, masks, shoe covers, etc. Your chance of being infected is low as long as they follow the protocol in the hospital including your husband. Make sure your husband washes his hands often and yours too. You can wash his clothes right away.

• Options
    I agree with PPs, but our hospital recently changed it's policy to where family/visitors did not need to wear protective gear if they were going in the room unless they were going to have direct contact with the patient. Caregivers still have to gown and glove. I'm sure there are other hospitals out there with this policy.

Regardless, H should try to avoid visiting unless necessary, especially until they figure out what's wrong with her.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"