August 2012 Moms
Options

W.T.F. seriously?

I can not believe this could be allowed!  Why are stores selling these items with known cancer-causing chemicals to anyone, especially with products that are marketed for kids????  What the fuckity fuck fuck?? We had two of these chairs in our home and we are throwing them out today.

https://www.ceh.org/news-events/press-releases/content/playing-on-poisons-childrens-furniture-found-with-harmful-flame-retardant-chemicals/

Re: W.T.F. seriously?

• Options
    Ugh, we were going to get one of those chairs from Target for LO. Guess not now!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Honestly, the couch in your living room probably has the same stuff. Foam is not good.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    One of the sofas we liked had a disclaimer for these chemicals. No thanks.

MIL once bought inner tubes for the kids to use at the lake cabin. I was pregnant at the time so she was reading labels (remember crazy conspiracy theory anti vax lady here) and right there it said "could cause birth defects". Yikes! She returned them. I would too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    sosoph said:

Honestly, the couch in your living room probably has the same stuff. Foam is not good.

This was my thought. I don't see anything to get all worked up about. Everything causes cancer now days. You'd have to stop eating, drinking and breathing (and apparently sitting on furniture) to avoid it. I'm not going to knock anyone for being cautious, just one of my pet peeves.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wonder if the chemicals used in pajama's is safer? I hope so.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    I strongly believe that toxic chemicals in the atmosphere are making people sick, not only in chairs but more so in the foods we consume. And the government seems more concerned with protecting Monsanto and other big businesses than in protecting consumers.

I will step off the soap box now.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.