TTC After a Loss
Options

Do you like your car? NTTCALR

I'm afraid I'll have to get a new vehicle sooner than later. I drive a Dodge Journey that we bought brand new (because we wanted something safe since we were so sure we were about to start a family. Boo.) It's been acting up lately with just random stuff but we have another year before it's paid off. It currently has 96,000 miles & I put every single one of them on it. I know the trade in value goes down tremendously after cars hit 100,000 miles.

Anyway, do you like what you drive? I really like my Journey & the size of it but I'm not sure if I want to get another one or something else. I have the third row & whatever I get I want it again. I hate making decisions like this. It's really DH wanting something else but I will be the one driving it so I want to be sure I'll like whatever we get. If it was up to me I would just get the little problems fixed in my car & go with it but oh well.

TTC since 4/28/07
Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

Re: Do you like your car? NTTCALR

• Options
    I have a Toyota corolla and I love it. It's my second one and DH also has one. 80,000 miles and runs perfectly (had to have the brakes replaced but that's due to my shorty driving lol).

My first car was a 1999 Corolla. I loved that car & drove it until I got my Journey. If it wasn't so much smaller I would get another one in a heartbeat.
    TTC since 4/28/07
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Options
    jalara48 said:
    I have a Chevy Cruze and love it. We've had it 3 years with zero issues.

I googled those & that is a nice looking car.
    TTC since 4/28/07

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a Chevy Malibu & I love it.  I bought it at the end of March. Prior to this car I drove a Jeep Cherokee and I loved that vehicle too.   My mom & dad bought a Chevy Impala right after I got the Malibu, and while they are very very similar, the Impala is slightly larger.  I really liked the Chevy Equinox but I couldn't justify buying an "older" vehicle with 50k+ miles for more than what I could get a brand new Malibu or Impala.  Same goes for the Ford Edge.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options
    I have a 2012 Jetta and I hate it with the fire of 1,000 suns.

Ok, that may be a bit dramatic, but I am very happy the stupid thing is a lease and I can get rid of it in August.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• Options
    I have a vw tiguan. I love it.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Options
    I have a VW Golf wagon and love it, but VWs do seem to get mixed reviews. Parts are more expensive than most (and I'm sure there are other problems but we haven't ran into any yet), but it's such a smooth ride and since we take roadtrips a lot (our last Golf went as far as Cleveland and back!), it's a good fit.
    ~All are welcome~
    MC 23/01/2013 natural @ 7 Weeks

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We recently traded in our 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee because it was acting up. We purchased a 2013 Subaru Outback and LOVE it. My family (parents, counsins, aunt and uncles, siblings, etc) has always been a Subaru family and love the reliability.

The outback frame sits a little higher, and feels like a cross-over. I was also very impressed with the additional safety features... Especially the side-impact.

GL on your car search!!

BFP #1 - 7/24/2013 (EDD: 3/31/2014) - mmc 8/12/13 - D&C 8/15/2013

BFP #2 - 3/6/2014 (EDD 11/14/2014) - Beta #1 (17dpo): 1400 - Beta #2 (19dpo): 3170

PGAL/PAL Welcome | My FF Chart  

• Options
    I had a 03 tiburon for 7 years and I loved that car. I had to sell it cuz I needed a four door. I have a 05 caddy sts and I so love this car too. MH put a tow hitch on it for a bike rack and we can fill the truck will so much when we go camping. I love the looks from ppl when they ask how we fit everything in this car. Oh and I found out it has rain sensing wipers...so awesome. Sorry for boasting but I never thought I'd actually own something like it before. My first car was a 89 camaro, totally beat up but got me from a to b ;).
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

BFP#1 DS 1/19/12  BFP#2 EDD 6/11/14 MC 10/9/12 BFP#3 EDD 10/3/14

• Options
    I love my CRV but it doesn't have a third row. When we upgrade to a third row I want a Toyota Highlander. 
      Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image 
  • Options
    We drive a German car not sold in the States. I see a few Outback fans . . .  my mom is on like her third one and swears by them (well Subaru in general). It's really nice - doesn't sit so low (the new one), lots of space and drives nice. She's put some serious miles on her Outbacks with very few problems. When I am back home, I drive her car and am a fan. Good luck!
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • Options
    snegde said:

I love my Outback!!!

This!! I am just as in love with my Outback today as I was the day I drove it off the lot! It's a big happy.
    Also, there's a ton of people and cargo room.

Bonus: Max and all the rescues that it has transported around love it too. The proof is in the nose prints that have consumed the rear windows :D

• Options
    I have a Toyota Venza and love it. It has quite a bit of room and can carry a lot of stuff.

It was bought in a fit of optimism in December so I totally get where you were at when you got your Dodge. I probably should have went with the much less roomy Fiat or back to a New Beetle but I still like the car and the back is much more comfortable for transporting Jasper around.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I drive a loser minivan...it's dorky but I love my honda odyssey! We fit an entire couch in the back!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Options
    jalara48 said:
    EKGibs said:
    jalara48 said:
    I have a Chevy Cruze and love it. We've had it 3 years with zero issues.

I googled those & that is a nice looking car.
    It's supposed to be the car that Chev is going to have long-term. I highly recommend. Hubby is 6ft4 and I'm 5ft1 and we both drive it easily.
    Interesting.

Dh and I were planning on buying a new car and the Cruze was on the top of the list. He shot the idea down because he feels the car is too small for him. He's used to driving an SUV and he claims that his head would hit the top.

• Options
    snegde said:

AnyMax said:

snegde said:

I love my Outback!!!

This!! I am just as in love with my Outback today as I was the day I drove it off the lot! It's a big happy.
    Also, there's a ton of people and cargo room.

Bonus: Max and all the rescues that it has transported around love it too. The proof is in the nose prints that have consumed the rear windows :D
    Snoot prints and hair. Sammie loves the outback too.
    Yes, how could I forget the hair!

Also, the all-weather mat back there is a blessing with some of the more nervous rescues :-S

• Options
    I have a 2012 Nissan pathfinder....they changed the style completely in 2013 so I'm probably not much help. I love it though. My partner has a highlander and that's a nice car too
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm biased because I work at the national headquarters for Nissan but we have a Murano and an Altima and love them both. I have put many miles on them because I participate in our one year lease program but I love our cars! Good luck in your search!!!!

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• Options
    peggels24 said:
    I have a 2012 Nissan pathfinder....they changed the style completely in 2013 so I'm probably not much help. I love it though. My partner has a highlander and that's a nice car too
    We have the Nissan too. I hate it. It eats gas. It's awful.
  • Options
    LizBlueLizBlue member
    edited November 2013
    Add me to the Subaru cult. We have two. My little 5 speed Impreza has 150,000+ miles in it and still runs like a champ. We just bought the new Forester because we needed something bigger for our future hypothetical children. I love it!
    ----
    *I am no longer regularly posting on TB because of the fucked up debacle of Jan 2015 when administrators banned long-term members and mods with no notice and completely dismantled a community full of women who cared about each other.  If you see me posting it's only to give support to a poster who needs it or to post something important enough that I need to say.  I am no longer responding to  anything other than issues that affect people who I care about*
    37 years old, MH is 42
    TTC since 2010; Dx Unexplained Infertility; possible male factor 
    August 2012 through June 2013:  6 IUIs with clomid and trigger shot, all BFNs
    7/2013, Pregnant! Unmedicated--we were on a treatment break
    8/20/13 no heart beat; 8/23/13 d&c
    3/15/14 IVF #1:  Lupron/Follistim/Menopur; ER 3/10 resulting in four transfer grade blastocysts, transferred one pretty blast and froze the remaining three. BFN. 
    Natural FET in May cancelled because the universe hates me my hormones were not cooperating.
    6/24/14 FET #1: transferred two pretty embryos; BFN   
    8/28/14 FET #2: BFP, ended in Chemical pregnancy

Done with medical intervention and getting used to the idea of CFNBC.  

All welcome
  • Options
    I love my Toyota Matrix! The seats fold flat and have hard plastic on the back so it is great for transporting stuff. I'm always amazed at what I can fit in there. It also gets great gas mileage.
    Me: 36 yo, TTC #1 since Feb. 2012
    BFP #1, 3/12, EDD 11/9/12, MMC 3/27/12, D&C 4/10/12

BFP #2: 11/16/12, EDD 7/25/13, MMC 12/5/12, D&C 12/6/12, Complete molar pregnancy confirmed 2/9/13, benched for 6 months until  August 2013

IUI #1, 8/16/13 Femara + Menopur, 3 mature follicles, BFN
    IUI #2 (back-to-back, 9/12/13 and 9/13/13) Femara + Menopur, four mature follicles, BFFN
    IUI #3, 10/8/13 Femara + Menopur, six mature follicles, BFN

BFP #3, 12/9/2013, while on treatment break, EDD: 8/22/2014  Please stick and grow, LO!

Additional Dx: hypothyroidism, TgAb positive & anti-TPO positive, POR/DOR (2/2013), and suspected endometriosis

******All AL always welcome******

• Options
    Toyota gal here! I drove a 2010 FJ Cruiser and loved it so much I just traded it in for a 2013 model in a different color with more upgrades. It is a BLAST to drive and very roomy. The trunk is huge! I'm also a 4 runner fan. The new body style for 2014 is a show stopper!!! I plan on giving the FJ to the hubs and getting a new 4runner in a couple years. Subaru is my second choice though.

• Options
    uneek1323 said:
    I love my CRV but it doesn't have a third row. When we upgrade to a third row I want a Toyota Highlander. 

I love the Highlanders. I have wanted one ever since I was in high school & worked at a flower shop. The delivery van broke down so I had to drive the owners Highlander around. :D
    TTC since 4/28/07

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Options
    I love my Toyota Matrix! The seats fold flat and have hard plastic on the back so it is great for transporting stuff. I'm always amazed at what I can fit in there. It also gets great gas mileage.
    Does it have a third row? I rarely use mine now but I like knowing it's there if I need it. I like the fact that the Matrix has hard plastic instead of that carpet stuff. I have to pick up chicken , goat, & turkey feed all the time so the hard plastic would be great.
    TTC since 4/28/07

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Options
    I have a 2003 Honda Accord.  It is meh...pretty reliable, but it has had some annoying issues, like the radio only works about half the time.  I have my heart set on a Mazda3 hatchback.

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13 
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
    BFP #3  8/11/14  EDD 4/22/14
  • Options
    I have a 2008 CRV that I got used last year.  It's been a great car so far.  TONS of room for everything I could want (I had a Camry before so it feels giant to me), decent mpg for a crossover, and easy to drive.  It works well for me.  If I was buying new, I'd probably get a Forester, though, because I don't like the new CRVs as much.
    Me- 29, DH - 28
    BFP #1 9/27/2013, EDD 6/10/2014, Mmc 11/01/2013, completed with misoprostol 11/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/5/2014, EDD 10/15/2014, Lillian Verletta born 10/23/14
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PAL January Siggy Challenge: Good Advice
  • Options
    Just in case you didn't know. Mazda and Ford are under the same umbrella. Mazda is basically a higher end Ford. Their body styles are very similar but price of parts and labor will be  more if you take it into the shop. I have the new Ford Escape. It's wonderful. Great gas mileage ( I put 15000-18000 a year). My husband is a mechanic and he is very particular about the cars we own. He wanted one that was going to be easy to fix and reasonably priced to maintain.

I just asked my husband about the other cars, he said suburus are decent but their 4 wheel drive systems have been known to cause problems. As for toyota and honda, he just said if you are thinking about buying used those tend to be the cars that are not maintained as well. 

I wanted to ask why you want to get rid of the car at 96000? That mileage is pretty low. You might want to go on blue book to see if there really is much of a difference in getting rid of it now or with more miles. You could also ask a mechanic for an opinion on how much work you mught need to put into it to keep it around.

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• Options
    DH and I both have Corollas. We love them, but may trade one in for an SUV when one is paid off. Will stick with Toyota though, they have been so reliable.
    Me: 28 DH: 30 
    TTC-January 2013
    BFP#1--September 2013 (EDD 5/30/2014)--D&C for Missed MC @ 9 weeks 3 days
    BFP#2--August 2014 (EDD 4/30/2015) --hoping this is our rainbow!

• Options
    Eliz77Eliz77 member
    edited November 2013
    Add my vote for Subaru! My 1st car was a Subaru Legacy, which I traded in for a Subaru Impreza. I then decided I wanted a SUV and couldn't afford the Subaru Tribeca so I got the Chevy Equinox. Eh. Traded that in 2 years ago for my current Outback which I absolutely love!

Granted Outback does not have a 3rd row, but the Tribeca does! 

~ES~

~*~EVERYONE always welcome!!~*~
    TTC #1 since October 2012
    BFP #1 11/22/12 EDD 7/29/13 MMC 1/14/13, D&C 1/16/13
    BFP #2 5/7/13 EDD 1/14/2014 Ectopic discovered 5/21/13, lost left tube
    Referred to RE, blood work done August 2013, AMH 0.27, all else normal, HSG clear
    BFP #3 12/1/13 EDD 8/8/14, MC 12/24/13
    January 2014: RE #2, blood work repeated, homozygous MTHFR c677t, SHG clear
    BFP #4 4/7/14 EDD 12/15/14 Our rainbow was born 12/6/14 at 4:26pm! <3 

• Options

@jenkellen: Thanks for the info! I really don't want to get rid of my car, it's mainly DH. It's been doing little random stuff here lately (the other day it just wouldn't start, like nothing was connecting. Then all of a sudden it decided to start. Weird.) I prefer to keep cars until I absolutely have to get something new. The only thing that bothers me is that we still have another year until we pay off this car & I'm afraid we will be upside down on it.

Hopefully, I can convince DH to just keep this car until it falls apart but if not I want to know what I'm getting into before we buy something else.

TTC since 4/28/07

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Options
    *mom car alert* I drive a Subaru outback and I LOVE IT! It's great in not-so-great weather, it's roomy and it's pretty good on gas mileage considering its size

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    photo 1535695_10204084387365984_9025186931759532004_n_zps94c2fa04.jpg

• Options
    I'm not familiar with Subaru having AWD issues? Most people I know with Outbacks have them forever for a reason.

• Options
    Gotcha on the mileage. I'm not sure of the year on the 4w drive issues. However, everyone I know who has a suburu loves their car, and seems to show with the amount of owners here! Good luck with your shopping!

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• Options
    I'm driving the crappy Dodge Stratus I've had since I was 17 (21 now).

However, after years of expensive repairs it's finally done for and I will be looking for a new car very soon given that this car needs over $1000 worth of repairs. Boo.

I've hated this car for sucking all the money out of my account throughout my young adulthood, but I hate the idea of getting a new one. Too complicated. Want my dads help looking for one (BF and I know little about what we're doing) but I know he'll take over.

Maybe big brother will help! <3
  • Options
    I love my Chevy Equinox but it hasn't been without it's problems.  It's a 2005 so I think the newer models have the kinks worked out.  It has 140,000 miles on it so I'm nervous I'll be looking for a new car soon too.  Thanks for the thread :)  Makes my life easier!!  Good luck with your car!  
    Married the love of my life June 18, 2011 -- Me (28) DH (29)
    TTC #1 since June 2012
    BFP #1 6.29.12 EDD 3.12.13 MMC discovered 8.11.12 9w5d D&C 8.15.12
    BFP #2 11.2.12 EDD 7.14.13 MMC 6w5d discovered 8w6d 2 failed rounds miso D&C 12.27.12
    BFP #3 8.5.13 EDD 4.18.14 MMC 7w4d discovered 9.25.13 at 10w6d -Trisomy 13- 1 round miso & emergency D&C 10.2.13
    RPL Testing. DX Asherman's November 2013. Low AMH (0.44) January 2014. 
    Operative Hysteroscopy January 2014 to remove scar tissue.
    BFP#4 6.18.14 EDD 3.3.15 Team Pink
    --AL always welcome--
  • Options
    We just got a Hyundai Tucson and are pretty happy with it so far!
    PCOS & ute crew member
    BFP #1: 10/24/2012  EDD 7/3/13, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E 
    DX: Septate Uterus. Septum resection 6/4/13
    BFP #2: 12/20/2013  EDD 9/1/14, missed m/c @ 7weeks, D&E
    BFP #3: 5/26/2014 EDD 2/7/15, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E- DX Trisomy22
    RPL, Karyotyping, and SHG: All Normal
    BFP #4: 9/6/14 EDD 5/16/15 Praying for our RAINBOW!
    Baby GIRL on the way!!
    **All AL Welcome**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"