May 2014 Moms
Options

First Pregnancy Faux Pas

I have heard all about the "oopsy" bodily functions that can happen beyond your control during pregnancy, but I had my first experience a couple of days ago. :( I came home for lunch( I only live a few blocks away from work). I am 13 weeks and morning sickness has seemed to be extra horrible this last week. I put my lunch in the microwave and suddenly had to pee really bad, so I went into the restroom. For some reason bathroom "smells" even clean bathrooms are a trigger for my nausea so upon entering I began to gag. A lot of times I just gag so I was working thru it trying to keep from vomiting but it didn't work. I ended up puking and my stomach was empty so I puked a lot of bile and then dry heaved for a while. When it finally let up I suddenly realized I had also peed my pants!! :/ I guess my stomach muscles were contracting so hard it just came out and I didn't even realize it! I ended up having to change clothes and was late back to work. Even though I was home alone I still felt a little embarrassed. So glad I wasn't at work or somewhere else when that happened. In hindsight it is a little funny just wasn't expecting to pee my pants this early in the game. Definitely a lesson learned: expect the unexpected! Just though I would share!

Re: First Pregnancy Faux Pas

• Options
    What a disaster! Glad you were home for that. I don't think my husband would let me live that down if he witnessed it. Maybe it is good you were home alone. So sorry that happened to you but it is pretty funny.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Awwww, that's terrible, but it will be funny when you look back at it. At least you were able to be home when it happened though. :)

DS#1 - Apr 22, 2010
    DS#2 - Oct 26, 2012
    DS#3 - May 28, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This pregnancy I learned to just sit on dd's potty chair while puking. I peed my pants every.single.time. Even if I'd just peed, which I would have thought was impossible. I'm sorry you had to join the club:(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That sucks but I can totally relate. I 've had a wicked cough for a month now (guess 2nd tri isn 't my honeymoon period :( ) and if I cough too hard I pee a little . Wasn't expecting the loss of bladder control so soon.
  • Options
    Happened to me too! Don't worry. But I do try to make sure I'm not making too much force when I vomit...the doctor told me that too much bearing down is not safe. It's hard to not do that...but I try. :) hope you feel better

• Options
    Had my first sneeze tinkle yesterday in the car...only my dog was with me but I swear he gave me the side eye ;)
  • Options
    I have been doing this all night! Who said pregnancy wasn't sexy? Throwing up bile and peeing at the same time? Super sexy! @-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Omg this happened to me a few weeks ago lol right as a was leaving to go out for dinner .. Thank god I was still home to change lol
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sneezing + pissing = snissing

I don't know one for puking though.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    Roufi said:

That sucks but I can totally relate. I 've had a wicked cough for a month now (guess 2nd tri isn 't my honeymoon period :( ) and if I cough too hard I pee a little . Wasn't expecting the loss of bladder control so soon.

Me too!!!!!!
  • Options
    I have this problem too and I puke a lot.  LOL.  Panty liners and lots of extra undies. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    This totally happenednto me at about 11 weeks but dh WAS home and i asked him to get me some new pants and he proceeded to laugh uncontrolably at me.... bastard. Atbleast you were alone! I'm still sorry it happened to you though!
  • Options
    Yep, it will just get worse when you have a kid. Every sneeze you best be crossing your legs! Haha
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh I love this thread already. :)
    February Siggy Challenge May 2014: Favorite Wedding Photoimage
  • Options

Yep, it will just get worse when you have a kid. Every sneeze you best be crossing your legs! Haha

Not necessarily. I have yet to sniss, including the entire pregnancy with DS. I don't do kegels either. I think it's something that's not uncommon but not necessarily everyone has it kinda thing.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only one this has happened to. I definitely can laugh about it but at the same time am terrified that something will happen in public. I'm 13 weeks and still very much having morning noon and night sickness and it scares me to think what is yet to come. :/
  • Options
    CarriMatCarriMat member
    edited November 2013
    Mcselfoneal.... That sucks! At least he didn't notice! Btw I am terrified something like that is going to happen during sex. I keep worrying about puking on him or passing gas or peeing! Ugh... Pregnancy! I think it must be preparing us to be prepared for anything as a parent. Kids are so unpredictable and so is pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"