Success after IF

Intro & Questions about FET

edited November 2013 in Success after IF
Hello Ladies, I have never introduced myself here but hello my name is Pam :) I had my son Declan in Aug 2012 after a failed IVF (found out the day before our first anniversary) and a success FET of 2 frozen embies. It was a rough year conceiving, pregnancy and after delivery which gives me a little anxiety that I will not bond with this new baby either or guilt that if I do bond with it that Declan is some how deprived somehow. I hope that makes a little sense.

We are gearing up for another FET starting in December and the only thing I can really remember about the first one is 10 weeks of shots in my ass and the insanely painful saline ultrasound. Which I get to do again on the 18th, whoohoo!

The only shots I will be getting are the progesterone, isn't there suppose to be another one that stops me from ovulating?

For making it though that and your thanks in advanced for your awesome advice a funny picture of Declan from his xmas card shoot.

BTW, funny story, we were getting our schedule the other day and I said kind of loudly to the nurse as she was leaving that I did not want a certain doctor and apparently he was in the hallway.... oops
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
DX: Severe MFI 9/1/11
Because of Undescended testicle at birth
IVF #1 October BFN; 5 snowbabies
FET: November/December 2011
ET: 12/7/11; Beta 1: 12/16/11: 66 Beta 2: 12/19/11: 212! 1st ultrasound 1/3/12! Graduated 1/10/12: heartbeat 160
SAIF Always Welcome
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
2.jpg 616.1K

Re: Intro & Questions about FET

• Welcome! Congrats on Declan! He is absolutely adorable!! I don't know the answers to your questions but just wanted to welcome you to the board and wish you luck with #2!
    MF (low motility) - Began stims for IVF#1 7/21/12
    ER 8/2/12 - 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature and ICSI'd, 6 fertilized. ET 8/7 - 2 embies. Beta#1 8/17: 143! Beta#2 8/20: 590! Beta#3 8/22: 1,162! 1st US 9/4: one beautiful little bean with the best sounding HB I've ever heard!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Hi and welcome to the board! I'm new to fet. I just began my calender. I'm on estrace pill and baby aspirin. for so many days then i add progesterone few days before my transfer. These are the only meds I'm on. I do notice some people are on lupron shots for fets but I have allergy to lupron.

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome! There are many different protocols for a FET. I did one with BCP, Lupron, Estrace, and PIO but that was cancelled b/c my lining sucked. I did another with just Estrace and PIO (the estrogen suppresses ovulation) but that was cancelled too. Then I did a natural FET where my natural cycle was monitored and my transfer was scheduled for after I ovulated. I was on PIO for the days before my transfer until I was 11 weeks along. The natural cycle brought my my twin daughters. GL!!!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Thanks ladies! I swear that I did shots last time but it may have only been the patches ( I chose pills this time). Thanks for your help!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DX: Severe MFI 9/1/11
    Because of Undescended testicle at birth
    IVF #1 October BFN; 5 snowbabies
    FET: November/December 2011
    ET: 12/7/11; Beta 1: 12/16/11: 66 Beta 2: 12/19/11: 212! 1st ultrasound 1/3/12! Graduated 1/10/12: heartbeat 160
    SAIF Always Welcome
  • Hey, I remember you from PAIF! Congrats, your little guy is adorable. And GL on your next cycle.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Welcome! Congrats on Declan! He is absolutely adorable!! I don't know the answers to your questions but just wanted to welcome you to the board and wish you luck with #2!

Ditto from me :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
This discussion has been closed.